Shavemac 2017 ATG LE *brushes delivered*

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I'm sorry I missed the last one, so I'm definitely in on this one... although I'm still a bit new here. Are the numbers limited? I don't want to edge out any of the regulars ..
They will be limited edition brushes. But I don't believe in rushing people to click at the hip if you get my drift so we will have an ordering list which will be open for a definite time (more than a few hours). Everyone is welcome and I encourage you to get on board, Bernd is making the best shaving brushes available IMO

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
:meh: always the way.........
Unfortunately yes, I have asked Bernd but he doesn't offer synthetics. To be honest the best synthetic I have tried is the Plisson, cotton soft. The best Shavemacs I own are my jade anchor, TSR 2016 unique bulb and my flat top from the last group buy. When compared to the Plisson the difference I find is the feeling of soft fine fibres to thick clumps of soft hair. I much prefer the latter. I sold my Plisson. Obviously an understanding of vast brush preferences amongst shavers, evidently leads to YMMV. I haven't used a synthetic since we were trialing the Vie Long, way back.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Unfortunately yes, I have asked Bernd but he doesn't offer synthetics. To be honest the best synthetic I have tried is the Plisson, cotton soft. The best Shavemacs I own are my jade anchor, TSR 2016 unique bulb and my flat top from the last group buy. When compared to the Plisson the difference I find is the feeling of soft fine fibres to thick clumps of soft hair. I much prefer the latter. I sold my Plisson. Obviously an understanding of vast brush preferences amongst shavers, evidently leads to YMMV. I haven't used a synthetic since we were trialing the Vie Long, way back.
Its not the feeling that leads me to choose synthetics. its the myriad of other natural hair cons to do with smell, drying, breaking in(granted not all natural hair needs breaking in) but you get my point. its not even that YMMV my millage might well be as close to yours as can be. cos I know natural hair can preform really well, and a really good MHW will IMO out preform any synthetic i've tried or owned. its simply about preference, YMMV for me is out come of a task or what results you have. This to me is more like I like a matte paint finish while others like a gloss. But still sad they really wont do synthetic.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Its not the feeling that leads me to choose synthetics. its the myriad of other natural hair cons to do with smell, drying, breaking in(granted not all natural hair needs breaking in) but you get my point. its not even that YMMV my millage might well be as close to yours as can be. cos I know natural hair can preform really well, and a really good MHW will IMO out preform any synthetic i've tried or owned. its simply about preference, YMMV for me is out come of a task or what results you have. This to me is more like I like a matte paint finish while others like a gloss. But still sad they really wont do synthetic.
Is there no way Bernd could just offer the handle? Or could @Mr Bigmem send his own Synthetic knot for Bernd to set? @Nishy..
Be could if we could include everyone, I know that this is sometimes no achievable though...