Settled down to one soap!

chazt

Forum !
@celestino you were an early hoarder of Mystic Water. I tried a few of Michelle’s soaps years ago, but her Unscented was the only one I bought more than once. Which MW scents are you enjoying these days?

chazt

Forum !
I’ve had an unused jar of MdC Nature in the drawer for a few years. This morning I figured, what am I waiting for? and I finally broke it out… Great cushion and post shave. Glide was good not great. MWF surpasses in that category. Perhaps it’s thirstier than I thought. I’ll use it for a week straight to see if my lathering technique improves.

DarkSpy

Forum GOD!
I could not tell you which is which. I've had this for about a year, and just recently discovered how good it is. The only other soap I have that ticks all the boxes for me is Haslinger's Calendula. The only problem is that they no longer make the tallow version. I'm looking forward to trying DR Harris.
Haslinger (Sensitive) is my soap of choice. That's the one I will always keep and use regularly.
When Haslinger reformulated, they went with a palm base. I tried the Aloe vera and I thought it was terrible. They then released the sensitive with a coconut base and it was instant love.
Now all the lineup uses this base, but the unscented (sensitive) it's still my choice. I would happily only use this soap.

Zwilling

Kamisori shaver
I have a stash of tallow Tabac and some tallow MWF, but have been using Arko for the past year or so. I am definitely MdC-curious, and have enjoyed it in the past. I might splurge on a big jar later this year, and use it up from start to finish. I do really enjoy getting the hang of a soap and getting perfect lather from it day after day.

celestino

Forum GOD!
@celestino you were an early hoarder of Mystic Water. I tried a few of Michelle’s soaps years ago, but her Unscented was the only one I bought more than once. Which MW scents are you enjoying these days?
Her Bay Rum is still my favourite. I also enjoy her Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper. She has too many good scents. :happy:

Mike Smart

Forum GOD!
I know this is against forum rules, and I hope I don't lose my Man Card over it, but I've decided on one soap to carry me through to the end. I've used dozens, and have six that I used on a rota, but there is one I always look forward to using: Mitchell's Wool Fat. No other gives me the comfort, glide, cushion, or scent that I get on a regular basis from the Fat. It is glorious, and the fact that it's made here in Blighty is a bonus.
If your in to triple milled soaps give
Loccitane a try
Very underrated yet as good as any

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
If your in to triple milled soaps give
Loccitane a try
Very underrated yet as good as any
Talk about the brand please? I have never tried it. They don’t seem to generate much conversation.
When did this soap make a return to the UK?
I used Cade soap in the aluminium container in 2011-2012 and it was originally excellent. Great Juniper scent. It then underwent a reformulation and in similar fashion to some UK soaps at the time, lather was dire with dissipation. Reviews were poor and L'Occitane removed it from sale in the UK. Only the cream was then available.

Mike Smart

Forum GOD!
I used Cade soap in the aluminium container in 2011-2012 and it was originally excellent. Great Juniper scent. It then underwent a reformulation and in similar fashion to some UK soaps at the time, lather was dire with dissipation. Reviews were poor and L'Occitane removed it from sale in the UK. Only the cream was then available.
I have no idea mate iv used it for nearly 20 years and never had an issue buying it in the uk.
Your right it was pretty poor for a while but thijk its been back for 3-5 years

Razorboy

Forum GOD!
Empty … I still have it

IMG_5941.jpeg