Boru62

Shaving Boar
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Anbbas Boar
Soap: Sudsey Soapery Lavender & Peppermint
Razor: Colonial General Brass
Blade: Feather Pro Super
IMG_20180303_101848.jpg

This little boar brush just gets better and better and this is probably my favourite vegetarian cream, up there with the best tallow soaps imo.
Have a great weekend everyone.

halvor

a most elusive fish
C2123AA1-C5E9-419E-84E2-8085A4C2674E.jpeg

Today, I am given to looking at life in a rosy light. Thanks to Manuel’s Rosa Bourbon and Pen’s Hammam Bouquet. Although not bought for its scent, obviously, the geranium-like scent of Dermalogica Post Shave Balm adds to the theme. Paradigm 17-4 armed with a Polsilver doesn’t cease to amaze. It’s different from anything else. Enjoy your weekend, boys!

Last edited:

Barry1963

Easily Led
Morning Shave

Olive Oil Soap
Reef Point Classic Barbershop
Thäter 4125/2
Muhle r41 (on loan)
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Extro Tabacco Aftershave/EDT

I had seen that many of you chaps rate the r41 as the most aggressive DE razor out there. After discussing this with Kevin (@Boru62) the other evening he very kindly offered to lend me his 2013 version. So I set off with some trepidation this morning. And after the first couple of strokes my anxiety increased. That is the most I have ever felt a blade. But I needn’t have worried. Concentrating on zero pressure, and only shaving on lathered parts of the face at all times, I had a very comfortable shave. BB smooth after two passes with just minor touch ups around the goatee area. Not so much as a weeper and zero irritation. No doubt the shave was greatly helped by the soap which gave me the cushion and the slickness required. A great shave! Have a good weekend gents.

Cheers Kevin!

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!

Blackland Sabre L2 & GEM SS ptfe # 6-7?
RR Beehive 28mm
WK Project Leather
Thayers W/H Astringent Lemon
Nivea Vitalizing A/S lotion
25DA3F2B-80CE-40BA-BD77-55C0BB205A70.jpeg

Great shave this morning, 2.5 pass and out the door. The scent on the WKPL is a little “eh” but the performance is undeniably top tier excellence, post shave is damn near perfection. Have a great day and fantastic shaves Gents.... :thumbsup:

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
03 March 2018

Preshave: Hot water rinse + bloom water
Razor: Schick J1
Blade: Chinese Schick SE (10)
Brush: New Forest 2213 High Mountain Badger
Shave Soap: Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk
Aftershave Balm: Baylis & Harding Black Pepper & Ginseng
Aftershave: Woodspice

What's best described as a workmanlike shave, needing more work to achieve a near BBS result. Nearly ready to call time on this blade, I think.

The thaw has set in, although we've got off lightly here, to be honest. Currently 3degC on a rising scale, positively balmy. Have a good weekend.

Regards,
Chris