Rules are rules...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisse

Old geezer
I find normal forum fanboy promotion of fav vendors or products a bit annoying and would treat obvious vendor self promotion in non vendor threads the same ie Moving on to a for me more interesting thread...

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I find normal forum fanboy promotion of fav vendors or products a bit annoying and would treat obvious vendor self promotion in non vendor threads the same ie Moving on to a for me more interesting thread...
This isn't about a vendor promoting themselves using their private account stroking their own ego. This is understanding people can have an opinion about more than just their own product. Sorry if i've misunderstood your comment.

Nisse

Old geezer
To clarify: I am all for vendors also having private accounts showing up as equals with the rest of us discussing anything from brush loft to best cup of tea and if by any chance they would have the bad taste of promoting their products in a non vendor thread I am old enough to shave = I am old enough take it for what it is worth ie moving on, skipping message or thread, without getting upset over the forum, still feeling as home as ever.

Last edited:

Cheesepiece

Stickler
This has been handled piss poorly and I hope the two involved parties can put this rather embarrassingly public episode behind them and move on.
Darron and the ATG as whole, mods, staff, etc. are each valuable contributors and this place would be all the poorer in absence of any one of these individuals concerned.
Lock and delete threads, do whatever you must but please, either party, extend an olive branch and sort this out behind closed doors.

Nisse

Old geezer
And I honestly think any serious vendor is very careful about brand and would not risk it by a simple case of sneeking in self promotion in a non vendor thread.

Cheesepiece

Stickler
I very much doubt hiding behind closed doors is a good choice in conflict management.
Behind closed doors was meant to imply in private, i.e. via PM, email, telephone versus what's happened here which I consider to be public (hanging out dirty washing for all to see).

SeanC

Forum GOD!
This has been handled piss poorly and I hope the two involved parties can put this rather embarrassingly public episode behind them and move on.
Darron and the ATG as whole, mods, staff, etc. are each valuable contributors and this place would be all the poorer in absence of any one of these individuals concerned.
Lock and delete threads, do whatever you must but please, either party, extend an olive branch and sort this out behind closed doors.
I concur completely. On the face of it communication rather than nefarious intent seems to be the issue. Resolve in private and move on. Too much to lose from all involved

Last edited:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Apologies for the delay chaps just got home.

I understand that it's a very public manor of dealing with the matter but I'm always transparent. Facts are facts.

Firstly apologies Darron I fully admit to not stating that two accounts cannot exist in unison. I will refund your payment back happily as this is my error. I also appreciate the traffic and members you have brought to the forum. I have never considered otherwise.

I also agree with Halvor that rules can be fluid. Essentially running this on our own time and without any financial incentive, the help of our mods and members in understanding current rules helps a lot.

What concerns me is as a metaphor smoking out a rat as you have mentioned previously (Darron). The forum is of no financial gain to me, I wish it were but it's not and will continue not to be, at least not in my pocket (for clarity the server etc get paid). Earlier day I have spent my own money running it, not a great deal but I was happy to do so.

Considering its a repeated thought (above) I'll continue blowing my own horn. Happily organising and attending our first ATG meet up, various group buys/LE, charity involvement and hours of personal as well as shaving advice. Throughout the three years ATG has grown organically, as a team. I remember the birth of ATG well, a week before my wedding :)

So in conclusion I consider myself, as well as you and every other member here, valuable to ATG. Considering the issues you had previous to the vendor fee, followed by zero complaints from standing vendors and my mistake earlier; I feel the reasonable outcome is to refund the vendor fee, as stated previously.

I hope this helps the discussion evolve peacefully. I also do hope you stay with us Darron, I have tiffs with many friends and happy to always talk it through.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1881

@Fox @Wickham-Soap-Co

You have been so kind to me the last two years. Reconsider please and don't leave just like that. Im not sure I have understood what happened exactly but... I don't like confrontations especially in a place like this. I don't know who's fault it is, but there must be always a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.