Proraso - options

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
For a few years now I have used Proraso Green pre shave. It is one of the few things that remain pretty much constant for me to the point of being OCD to the shave. Always buy in 300ml tubs and it goes a long way.

SO

Why not eventually try the others?

Got me some red and some white in the last couple of days.

Verdict - both have same potential properties ( early doors ) I think but the red just does not do it for me scent wise. The white however I LOVE scent wise. Time will tell how it performs bearing in mind this is meant to be a sensitive version. I can see this getting some use though when I just do not want the original green ' blast '. Shame it does not come in the larger tubs with price adjusted accordingly.

SO - what about the blue? Seems not so easy to get hold of and most reviews do not rate it too highly so I will not break my back on getting it.

Boycie83

Space Cadet
For a few years now I have used Proraso Green pre shave. It is one of the few things that remain pretty much constant for me to the point of being OCD to the shave. Always buy in 300ml tubs and it goes a long way.

SO

Verdict - both have same potential properties ( early doors ) I think but the red just does not do it for me scent wise. The white however I LOVE scent wise. Time will tell how it performs bearing in mind this is meant to be a sensitive version. I can see this getting some use though when I just do not want the original green ' blast '. Shame it does not come in the larger tubs with price adjusted accordingly.

SO - what about the blue? Seems not so easy to get hold of and most reviews do not rate it too highly so I will not break my back on getting it.
I started traditional wet shaving with Proraso Red so have a soft spot for the scent. Like yourself, I always use the Proraso pre-shaves. The blue is ok. I bought it to being a different scent option for use before some soap types. My personal opinion is that it doesn't work as well as the Green, Red or White. Smell is fine though (providing you like the Blue shaving cream).

But Simon, I'm about to rock your world! The three new Proraso pre-shave scents are fantastic! Azur Lime, Wood & Spice and Cypress & Vetiver. I love all 3 of those.

Boycie83

Space Cadet

SO

IMG_20200612_150606.jpg

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Arghh!!!! UK link now please. Best price and do not spare the horses. :D. Shaving station.. ?

Do you also use as a post shave balm?
Voila:

I've never used them as a PSB but have heard they work as it. There's also dedicated PSBs available in those new scents

UKRob

Forum GOD!
If you don’t mind me adding an alternative pre-shave, I tried Proraso early on and used it regularly but then switched to Edwin Jagger’s Hydrating pre-shave and much prefer it.

Vitos Pre /Post shave cream is an excellent option. It doesn't have quite as much menthol as Proraso green, but it's fantastic as a post shave balm as well.
Excellent stuff.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Voila:

I've never used them as a PSB but have heard they work as it. There's also dedicated PSBs available in those new scents
Get thee behind me Satan!!!!!

Quique

Forum GOD!
I'm glad to read this thread. I had never used preshave and to try I bought a Proraso Blue because I like the aroma of the cream.

I liked it so much that I have a White jar on the way. Now I read that it is even better, so looking forward to trying it

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Proraso is ok. Performance is average but the scents of the Red, Blue and White all smell the same to me. And not in a good way. I like the Green, probably because of the menthol at this time of year. I'd love to try the new line of Single Edge creams but I sure won't be buying those massive barber size containers. If they don't start selling smaller sizes for the consumer, I won't really care because there are so many great creams and soaps out there.

Hogan

Forum GOD!
I have the green, white and red and find that they work the best in that order.
white post shave balm is excellent!

chazt

Forum !
P-Red was the first scent that made me take notice of scent. I’ve used the Green and Blue versions, but never really got on with either one. After some time now, I’ve finally settled on my favorite version of the Red. The aftershave splash is different from all the other products in the Red line. It’s milder/softer, less INTENSE. I use it 3-4 times a week. got a backup in the wings!

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
P-Red was the first scent that made me take notice of scent. I’ve used the Green and Blue versions, but never really got on with either one. After some time now, I’ve finally settled on my favorite version of the Red. The aftershave splash is different from all the other products in the Red line. It’s milder/softer, less INTENSE. I use it 3-4 times a week. got a backup in the wings!
Interesting. You find Proraso Red "intense"? For me the red, blue and white all seem to smell the same. They all have that earthy base scent that smells like, well, dirt. Not bad dirt. Dirt as in earth. Loamy soil. I definitely don't get any sandalwood from it. Scent is so subjective because each of our olfactory glands are just different.