Legendary Member
  1. @Nishy
  2. @halvor
  3. @zealshaver
  4. @Rowlers
  5. @ceekee
  6. @2hot 2trot
  7. @Stonec0ld
  8. @The Gentleman (only tallow and only if it's a matching splash that someone could send to Sweden)
  9. @eddie2002
  10. @Johnny Fireburnout
  11. @Batch300 (qty = 2 for now)
  12. @Lann
  13. @Tommo
  14. @Wayne
  15. @Boybunny
  16. @jeepie
  17. @Mr Bigmem 1x115g tallow, 1x50g vegan and 1x Splash
  18. @GSVwetshave 1 x 115g tallow + 1 x Splash (local shipping in England)
  19. @deDan (to Canada so splash is out, will do a balm if offered)
  20. @insomniHack
  21. @Nick_S - soap, splash, whatever is offered as part of the range.
  22. @ESBrushmaker - soap only thanks! (If I can still tag on)
  23. @rebec911 - Soap and Splash please
  24. @shadowman12 Soap only please

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
My sample arrived this morning, and without even opening it I could smell the creamy malt goodness through the envelope.

On opening it up and taking some big old sniffs, straight off the bat I get a delicious chocolate and creamy sandalwood layered with malt. Its like i'm sniffing a cork and the slats from a barrel that held a beautiful single malt, which were then dipped in chocolate and drizzled with dark molasses.

Imagine making a chocolate, date and muscovado sugar pudding. Then letting it soak up a good amount of single malt and finally serving it with a healthy pour of whiskey cream........in a wooden bowl.

All these notes and this is even before i've lathered it up!. If you're a whiskey drinker you'll defo pick up the notes. The scent doesn't carry the kick or sharp edge that the alcohol from a whiskey brings but all the other elements that layer though a good single malt are there.

I know the base will be good based on my knowledge of kerry's soaps, so only thing left to see is how this baby develops when lathered. This feels like a night time scent to me so I'll be using it for tomorrow nights shave. To really bring out the notes to i'll do a dry bloom before I squish some into my scuttle for a hot water shave.

So far so very good.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Sample received and used. Performance is top notch. Superb.
The scent is most definitely not for me in its current form. To my nose it is a sweet, artificial chocolate. It reminded me of the chocolate that cheap Easter eggs are made from..
I also do not get the malt/peat, just a stale boozy smell... Sorry for the negative comments; this might sound fantastic to some!

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
My sample arrived this morning, and without even opening it I could smell the creamy malt goodness through the envelope.

On opening it up and taking some big old sniffs, straight off the bat I get a delicious chocolate and creamy sandalwood layered with malt. Its like i'm sniffing a cork and the slats from a barrel that held a beautiful single malt, which were then dipped in chocolate and drizzled with dark molasses.

Imagine making a chocolate, date and muscovado sugar pudding. Then letting it soak up a good amount of single malt and finally serving it with a healthy pour of whiskey cream........in a wooden bowl.

All these notes and this is even before i've lathered it up!. If you're a whiskey drinker you'll defo pick up the notes. The scent doesn't carry the kick or sharp edge that the alcohol from a whiskey brings but all the other elements that layer though a good single malt are there.

I know the base will be good based on my knowledge of kerry's soaps, so only thing left to see is how this baby develops when lathered. This feels like a night time scent to me so I'll be using it for tomorrow nights shave. To really bring out the notes to i'll do a dry bloom before I squish some into my scuttle for a hot water shave.

So far so very good.
Well it just goes to show, how very different we have picked up the scents!

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I did speak to Kerry regarding the scent (which
personally was not to my taste) hence wanting to entertain the opinions of other members. Unfortunately my thoughts were more akin to those described by Lee. A cocoa note and stale ale, or the smell of spilt ale when it's been left on a pub table. I think a second attempt is necessary. Can never fault the performance IMO.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I did speak to Kerry regarding the scent (which
personally was not to my taste) hence wanting to entertain the opinions of other members. Unfortunately my thoughts were more akin to those described by Lee. A cocoa note and stale ale, or the smell of spilt ale when it's been left on a pub table. I think a second attempt is necessary. Can never fault the performance IMO.
Is kerry getting the whiskey note from real whiskey? If you close your eyes are you not getting a chocolate malt loaf vibe with a whiskey cream?

halvor

a most elusive fish
Wow. Meat and poison and all that. Or perhaps brute vs refined nose — without me saying who is who :giggle:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Hang on, I'll have another sniff..

Nope, still get sweet chocolate, maybe caramel. The Mrs though gets Baby powder and Mint!???

Last edited: