New Mühle stainless steel razor 'Rocca'

Sausage

Forum GOD!
I read in another forum that someone received a Rocca and while unscrewing the head one of the blade guides fell out. It seems the blade guides are clued.....Interesting manufacturing. Not quite what I was expecting from Muhle.

Eeyore

Forum GOD!
I read in another forum that someone received a Rocca and while unscrewing the head one of the blade guides fell out. It seems the blade guides are clued.....Interesting manufacturing. Not quite what I was expecting from Muhle.
They are definitely not glued on the V1 head. But on the V2 head the construction looks different indeed; I hope that's not because of cost!

--
Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

Dr Watson

James
I don’t think it was cost cutting, they deemed the tool/production marks that were inevitable with the v1 design unacceptable and have chosen an inferior construction method because it looks slicker, if anything I reckon it’s cost them more this way... Certainly added at least another couple of steps to the production process.

Eeyore

Forum GOD!
Well, I have one of the first Roccas and while the tool marks are clearly visible, it is still a fine razor.

The reason that I have both heads is because Mühle sent me a redesigned one after I commented on the finishing of the V1 head. I can report that both heads shave the same, in my opinion.

I have the V1 head in my daily rotation. It is one of my favourite razors.

--

Last edited:

MrK1

Forum GOD!
The whole point of buying one - for me anyway - was to get a stainless steel version of the EJ89 / R89 head.

I appreciate that the Rocca is slightly more aggressive, which made it even more appealing.

I managed to buy one recently, but had to send it back because the top cap was overlapping the base plate on one side when the head was tightened.

Unless they sort out the build issues, I don't think I will bother buying another one.

Really looking forward to receiving mine tomorrow now, shit finish, won’t screw together properly, blade guide falling off, who knows in a game of bag of shit Mühle bingo...

Dr Watson

James
Really looking forward to receiving mine tomorrow now, shit finish, won’t screw together properly, blade guide falling off, who knows in a game of bag of shit Mühle bingo...
:laugh:

I’m sure that for every duff one there’s a 100 good ‘uns... Mine was fine, potential longevity however is another matter :unsure:

Wayne

Forum Sod
I have a V1 and have nothing but praise for it. I shaved with it last night and Wow was it a great one. This is one of those rare razors that actually gets under the skin to leave a flawless finish.

Eeyore

Forum GOD!
I have a V1 and have nothing but praise for it. I shaved with it last night and Wow was it a great one. This is one of those rare razors that actually gets under the skin to leave a flawless finish.
The V1 heads will become collectibles [emoji14] [emoji14]

--

Sausage

Forum GOD!
Muhle has 14 day return policy from the day you receive the razor. I think I am going to ask for cancellation and return the razor.

Eeyore

Forum GOD!
Muhle has 14 day return policy from the day you receive the razor. I think I am going to ask for cancellation and return the razor.
Mühle is very generous with service; would you return it now for an issue that might never happen?

--

Wayne

Forum Sod
I just asked for a return to Mühle after seeing these photos. I like the Rocca, but I don’t want glued pins.

Glued parts aren't exclusive to Muhle. The Wolfman Guerrilla has a hollow handle that is glued. I was really incensed when I saw it on Youtube. If you believe you are paying for solid turned stainless steel it is a major let down to find out you are in essence being conned with cheaper parts.