My Holy Grail razor...maybe.

Darkbulb

Member #10
My favourite DE Hans down....the only one I doubt I will ever part with.
I did question buying it taking the price into consideration...but after having waited a year or so and reading all the great reviews....I am happy that I ended up getting it. Absolutely amazing razor.

missingskin

Forum GOD!
@Darkbulb A fantastic looking razor and one of only 2 or 3 razors that I would buy............. I have reached that stage when a razor needs to be very special for me to be interested in buying or keeping

Darkbulb

Member #10
Chatting with James at Wolfman tonight I learned something that might be valuable to anyone out liking the BBS-1 but finding it "easier" to score a Wolfman razor head.

Wolfman razors now allows for ordering the heads with blade gaps all the way up to .86mm
Seeing that the BBS-1's blade gap is 1.00mm one might be inclined to think that the .86mm version of the WR heads would be the closest as far as performance goes - but it's not.

Quoting James:
"The BBS-1 blade gap is 1.0mm but the geometry on each razor design is different.
The blade is hidden more on the BBS-1 making it perform like a medium/mild razor. But the gap is actually a full mm.
If you're only referring to the gap, not performance, then .86 would be closest to the BBS-1.
If you're referring to performance the .61 or .67 would be the closest to BBS-1's performance."

Last, a piece of trivia.
What razor does James himself shave with?
The answer:
"I use a Wolfman dual comb with the OC side at .74mm and the SB side at .48mm.
The OC is for roughing and SB is for finishing. This is how I do machining work also."

Last edited:

Darkbulb

Member #10
How would you say the BBS-1 is compared to your wolfman?
It's a tad hard to compare (see post above your question) as the head designs are actually quite different. James has never done another head w/ the same geometry as the BBS-1. If I could only keep one I would keep the BBS-1. It gives me a smoother shave and I prefer how it feels against my face.