My first brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo or Yaqi Tuxedo Sagrada familia?

Hell everyone. I am new to wet shaving (2 and a half months in) and so far I have been using a cheap supermarket brush that I bought for about 3 euros. While the brush has served me well so far and I could feel the benefit of using a brush right from my first shave, I feel like it's time for me to up my brush game and get my first decent shaving brush.

I have narrowed it down to synthetic brushes for several reasons, and I am torn between these 2 Yaqi brushes. The first one, is the Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo with a 26 mm knot, and the other one is the Yaqi Tuxedo Sagrada familia with a knot at 24 mm.

I just can't decide between the 2. While like the appearance of the Sagrada familia since it's a more classic-look brush, I can't neglect the 26 mm knot that comes with the Lucky Dice. I should note that I don't have a big face and I bowl lather my soap and creams in my small plastic Omega lathering bowl.

Do you have any experience using both brushes? Which one of the two would you recommend? Should factor in the knot size as well given my face and bowl size?

P.S. I have also considered the Simpson Tralfagar line. Although it's a little more expensive than I would like to spend on a brush at this point, if the quality difference is significant I would like to consider this option as well (either the T3, T2, or the T1). I would love to hear any recommendations. Thank you all in advance!

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
I’d start with the Yaqi before splashing out on a Simpsons. I’ve tried both the Yaqi and only still have the Sagrada Familia. I love the size, design and the knot is amazing! It lathers up a treat, is great for everyday use and travel as well.

gile

Forum GOD!
I would recommend 26mm one as for some reason Yaqi brushes seem to be one size smaller than advertised. From my experience Yaqi 26mm is like let's say maggard 24. I found Sagrada familia pretty small in terms of handle size and the knot size.

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Both are great. I’d go with the handle you like the look of.

IMO these Yaqi’s are very impressive for the money. I’d pick them over any Simpson synthetic.

Estariol

Forum GOD!
I own a Lucky Dice 26mm Tuxedo and it's excellent. To me it looks much better than the Sagrada Familia, so subjectively speaking, i recommend the Lucky Dice. But, since both have Tuxedo knots which are overall good, objectively speaking, as @Dipesh said, go for the one you like the look of better.

Reactions: p.b

Mike Smart

Forum GOD!
i think it’s very difficult to recommend a brush as we’re all different,
Some like large some like small blah blah blah.
The two Yaqi’s you fancy are very good i have them both however the Sagrada familia is one of my favourite synthetics even although i have a lot more expensive.
The Simpson’s T3 is also a great brush so its really down to the look & your preference as one of these brushes isn’t any better that the other.
Have a look on Aliexpress they have cracking offers on Yaqi’s as they have a factory seconds shop there