Just shaved with a DE again

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
I may have gone this way too if I could get a good face and neck shave from the Leaf. It works perfectly for the head so I wonder if maybe it’s a pressure or angle issue for me.

Wayne

Forum Sod
I'm in a similar situation. I've been using a Gillette SkinGuard pretty much exclusively for over a year now. Bought a Henson AL13 Mild a few weeks ago to see if it could pull me back to using safety razors. Although the Henson is a fine safety razor, the Gillette SkinGuard is still king for me. Maybe I'll try a Leaf one day if they release a less bulky version.
I understand your feelings but it doesn't take long to learn the way that suits you. The only place it is different is under the Nose, you shave that area horizontally instead of the usual vertically, as a wet shaver it feels wrong but it does provide a perfectly good shave in that area horizontally. I will agree that directly under the Nostrils and septum it does struggle which is why I simply pick up the Twig for that area.

Last edited:

Wayne

Forum Sod
I may have gone this way too if I could get a good face and neck shave from the Leaf. It works perfectly for the head so I wonder if maybe it’s a pressure or angle issue for me.
Hi Chris
The Leaf does take some learning because it goes against everything you are taught about DE razors. The pivotting head requires some pressure to keep the head of the razor on the face and for it to follow the contours. The fact it does pivot stops it nicking the skin which would happen with a DE if pressure would be applied.
It soon becomes second nature though.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Hi Chris
The Leaf does take some learning because it goes against everything you are taught about DE razors. The pivotting head requires some pressure to keep the head of the razor on the face and for it to follow the contours. The fact it does pivot stops it nicking the skin which would happen with a DE if pressure would be applied.
Yeah there’s something I’m not doing right that I do when I use it for head shaves. I’ll follow your advice and add more pressure for a rest shave and see if I can get it right.

D

Deleted member 2936

Hi Chris
yea i agree, it takes medium to long strokes compared to the shorter strokes with de razors

which blades do you like in the leaf and twig?

D

Deleted member 2936

Was there the possibility of a two blade version of the Leaf in the pipeline?
not heard of it but i think they should do one with a fixed head instead of pivoting head,
theres a razor called maxwell june which takes to blades and is fixed head too, google it

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
More pressure, long smooth strokes is the way.
Excellent, I’ll try that. Do you find it removes a lot of growth? The last time I tried it on the face I had I guess about 4-5 days and it struggled a bit. If I have 6-7 on the head it’ll clog a bit and I have to keep rinsing.

D

Deleted member 2936

Everytime I think of using the leaf @Wayne comes to mind, dont think anyone loves the leaf more then Wayne lol