January acquisitions

ChopOff

Forum GOD!
Haven't shaved with it, but out of the tub, it does smell astonishing.
I don't even doubt it'll perform great, as the rest of my Stirlings are.
That being said, for now, I still like the Mountain Man scent better.
ARKADIA scent is a copy of "Terre d'Hermès" and
MOUNTAIN MAN scent is a copy of CREED "Silver Mountain Water".
As always, it is a matter of personal preference.
And, as you say, Stirling soaps perform outstandingly.

Wayne

Forum Sod
I've just snagged a Tatara Masamune SB razor form the BST via @The Gentleman in Sweden. I've been after one a while so I'm delighted and saved a couple of quid too. No buy 2018 is going well that's a Shavemac brush. Tatara razor and another brush being made. Yep it's easier to stick to than I thought it would be :roflmao:

Last edited:

Wayne

Forum Sod
2nd Top Of The Chain order arrived today. 5 weeks for this one ground shipped. It’s not worth paying the inflated second hand prices you see these days for B&M :wink: when you can order cheaper new. Tax man must have been on his coffee break again...

View attachment 24024
Interested how you find the Promises scent profile @Sid Jury is out my end but performance is great.

Interested how you find the Promises scent profile @Sid Jury is out my end but performance is great.
Beautiful honey bergamot note with some sort of toasted nut accord thing going on and a very very faint whiff like someone spilled a whisky a few days ago.
I can see why Will says try the aftershave with the soap because of the way the scent presents itself in the soap. It’s still there in the soap but a bit muted to me.
Performance is simply great. I love the way my skin feels with these B&M soaps and aftershaves.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Beautiful honey bergamot note with some sort of toasted nut accord thing going on and a very very faint whiff like someone spilled a whisky a few days ago.
I can see why Will says try the aftershave with the soap because of the way the scent presents itself in the soap. It’s still there in the soap but a bit muted to me.
Performance is simply great. I love the way my skin feels with these B&M soaps and aftershaves.
Strange. All I mainly get is a rubber inner tube scent really strong rubber. I admit I do not have the best nose and many scents people can pick up I cannot but rubber is the main scent that dominates for me.

Strange. All I mainly get is a rubber inner tube scent really strong rubber. I admit I do not have the best nose and many scents people can pick up I cannot but rubber is the main scent that dominates for me.
I haven’t read any reviews about this soap/splash by anyone else but I will now as we are both miles apart.

RSSO

SOD of the day
Had so far productive January

Bartmann sitting long time on my wish list and idiot hided it had a crack , so had to return it glad at least I seen it in person , amaizing detail and grind will have to find one for my den.

Amaizing 6 of 7 day set from John Moseley & son should be late 1800

One of best looking razor set I had ever seen John Barber cant beleive hoe much details are on that razors , one of scales have chip bat missing part is there so should be restored

NOS Yoshinobu Ittosai tamahagane kamisori love it , really untouched kamisori

20180112_120549.jpg
20180122_210641.jpg
20180122_210311.jpg
20180115_153213.jpg