Fujifilm owners?

R181

Grumpy old man
That should be a very enjoyable camera. I have an X-20 kicking around somewhere that has been very good. Makes me think I should have gone with an X-100.

Bob

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
I had an X-30 (given to my son), an X-70 (best pocket camera I've ever owned, even without a VF) and an X-100T (sold on). I have Olympus MFT cameras and a Leica CL to use with my old M-mount lenses, but I wanted something with a fixed prime lens, and the Fuji X100 series were the best, at a sensible price. When my X-70 packed up beyond economic repair, I thought long and hard about buying an X100F or the newer X100V, but in the end, and on a whim, I bought a pocketable (just) Leica.

I still have a Fuji X100 series itch to scratch, and the V has some considerable improvements and great reviews. I'd buy one like a shot, finances permitting. The only other camera that comes close (IMHO) is the Sony RX1R II, but that's £3000 as against £1299. The alternative, of course, is to go for the X100F, which now sells at a very reasonable £760 or so.

Celar36

Forum GOD!
Leica always was my temptation but Q2 at £4K + can’t justify.

regarding Sony RX1R II my friend borrowed to me last summer. I really enjoy it and at the timeI thought is like £500 camera as my friend had always little care with it. Love it but again at £3k I just can’t afford it

Fuji X series really speaks to me especially film simulation option. For last 20 years I used film camera and had exclusively Fujifilm inside as I love the colours u get from them

really can’t wait for it!

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
Leica always was my temptation but Q2 at £4K + can’t justify.

regarding Sony RX1R II my friend borrowed to me last summer. I really enjoy it and at the timeI thought is like £500 camera as my friend had always little care with it. Love it but again at £3k I just can’t afford it

Fuji X series really speaks to me especially film simulation option. For last 20 years I used film camera and had exclusively Fujifilm inside as I love the colours u get from them

really can’t wait for it!
I too come from a film user background (Nikon F2AS, F2SB and F3), and the Fuji sims are extraordinarily good. I've spent a lot of time with my Oly Pen-F trying to put together Fuji-like sims, but none are as good as the ones on my X70 and X100T. I think the b&w sims on the V are supposed to be very good indeed.

The Q2 isn't as good as the Q in many ways, and the Q was liable to get dust in it. That's not a problem I've ever had with fixed lens Fujis, and they've had a fairly rough time of it. With the Sony, the pop-up EVF is a great thing if you're not worried about breaking it, which I would be. It's a crazy thing that for the Sony cost, one could buy two Fuji V, plus some other things like converters, cases, thumb rests etc.

I hope you'll post some photographs when your new Fuji arrives.

Celar36

Forum GOD!
I will! Yes B&W sims can’t wait however I will still apply real filter on lense. As luckily have same diameter from old camera:)

I just sold my FM3A to my friend but still dragging my feet to empty my fridge from films. One of my absolute favourites was Fuji xtra press 800 and provia:)

black and white I love acros!

AlexNoodles

Forum GOD!
I cant get excited about anything fixed lens, especially at that price point.
If you really want to test the water be it's predecessor at a much lower price and then decide

or just fecking splash out like the world is ending :)

wintoid

Out of control
I still shoot film, although infrequently these days. Fuji Neopan was my favourite, sadly missed now. Mostly in Leicas, but my daughter is taking photography GCSE and she's making good use of my Fuji digitals (XT1 and XPro1).

But I've slowed down a lot. I used to shoot several rolls per week. These days, it can be months between shooting. Partly because I'm too busy at work to take my usual walking lunch breaks around London, partly because my daughter doesn't want to be my photographic subject any more.

Celar36

Forum GOD!
Good it stays in the family. I too took it after my father. Taking a leap here from analog camera to digital for me is bit frightening yet exciting

I have few Neopan 400, tungsten, provia and fujichrome In my fridge. Soon they will found their way to eBay probably if I can make myself to let it go

Fujifilm was always my favourite. Kodak never much was to my liking tbh.

Steve56

Forum GOD!
X100F for me, I’m considering the V but want to see some in-hand reports on the new touch screen functionality.