Do forums fuel your spending

Wayne

Forum Sod
Funny you should say that Steve I was talking to @Mr_Smartepants pants about that very thing "Uk Meet" i'm going to have to look at the logistics and get a sense check on who'd want to attend or who'd want a stall in regards to artisans and vendors etc. Hmmmmm
It's been mooted before great idea if you can pull it off.

Lann

Forum GOD!
Absolutely Wayne...without ATG and TSR, it is likely that I would not have come across my three staples P&B, Wickham's and Eufros or, for that matter, my Timeless .95. That said, my spending has become more tempered in that I no longer feel compelled to try or buy the next big thing and the brush and bowl that I use every day has been PIFed to me via this site.

To answer your question Wayne, yes indeed! Well at least it doesn't help. On the flip side being part of a forum it also can help my selling of an item. (I mean I tried street hustling and you just get arrested)
I definitely have a problem with buying razors and brushes, but not soaps so much. I have a few "classics" and artisans that I stick to and I am quite good at using up soaps.
It's all about impulse control, essentially. It's not like I collect exotic pets or something..ah damn it my Capuchin monkey just bit the postman again I knew he shouldn't have had those Mageritas.
Anyone want to swap a Komodo dragon for a few Personna med preps?

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Location the issue probably
More like logistics. It could be a load of stalls in a big room like camera fairs. Or if shaving facilities were available, i.e. water and sinks, it would be more towards the annual London Coffee Festival which was in Brick Lane and absolutely jam packed. If there were demo items there would need to be some pretty effective sanitisation as well. Obviously you could get big name sponsors like Gillette but then the place would be full of carts.....

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
I was the one conversing with Wayne that caused him to start a thread.
Certainly on my part hardware is an issue but it’s really soaps.
Last week it was Noble Otter, this week Mammoth, next week ?
If you don’t sell whilst it’s still flavour of the week then it’s expected that you give the soap away for postage when it’s just cost you £20.
Yep it’s all my fault as you can get sucked in if you don’t have the willpower and like shiny things.
Why not just keep them? I went through a phase of buying loads of the next best thing, mainly as I didn't know what I liked. I tried selling but no one was interested so I'm just keeping them.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Why not just keep them? I went through a phase of buying loads of the next best thing, mainly as I didn't know what I liked. I tried selling but no one was interested so I'm just keeping them.
I am keeping them for now but not though choice. Sooner or later Waynes bin man will have them

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Yes forums have fuelled my spending but.....
Forums have educated me and helped no end.
Forums have provided a valuable source of not only information but opportunities to buy at decent rates, to try things courtesy of some VERY helpful and considerate like minded people and for me to hopefully repay some of that courtesy by way of return.
It is SO sad when the odd thread comes up talking of people being ripped off.

A meetup? Wow. I would be up for it and willing to travel BUT , hell the organisation and agenda etc? Mmmm.. Could be a difficult one that, despite good intentions and no end of planning, may well end up in a few beers in a pub somewhere with the odd comment on razor appreciation. Sorry guys, negativity comes with age and experience. :D

Wayne

Forum Sod
While I agree with you Wayne on soaps being cheaper on a 121 basis to many of our hardwear I can honestly say many of us with SAD could have spent 5-6 times if not more on soaps totaled compared to that of either brushes or razors.
Agreed Mem but I'm thinking more of the odd individual soap in the bin rather than a full collection my old pal :D

HMan

Forum GOD!
It's a yes and no for me.

Yes, of course, but it's also part of why I came to forums in the first place, I was ready to spend the money.

No, in the sense that thanks to what I've learned from the forums virtually every shave purchase I've made has been a good one, at least for the particular time in my shave life.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Agreed Mem but I'm thinking more of the odd individual soap in the bin rather than a full collection my old pal :D
The odd soaps still mount up matey lol. I know you've gifted many as well so if we look at totals its a different picture :okay: