Declaration

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
So I get the email and manage to get a Nebula Jefferson in the cart.
Go though to PayPal and it would appear they don't ship outside the States :mad:

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Declaration Brushworks said:
On this day, We the Shavers of the 50 United States of America declare our independence from the tyrrany of European shaving brushes. No longer will we have to pay exorbitant prices, tariffs, or wait for transoceanic shipping. No longer will we have to convert Euros to dollars. Today we are free.
Seems to work both ways. At least you saved a big wad of Euros or something.... :p:

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Hey! A brush is a brush is a brush. I'm sure you can get something just as nice from Europe if not better. I the person of the UK freed myself from the same tyranny of the U.S. No longer will I pay an effin fortune in postage, RM charges and Vat. Ram it.
On this day, We the Shavers of the 28 Countries of the European Union declare,... No. Forget it. :rolleyes:

halvor

a most elusive fish
If you get a separate handle, Bal, he'll knot it for you. That would give you time to find someone in the US to receive and forward. If you're dead set on getting one, I mean.

morr

Forum GOD!
Ok, so today I received the Declaration B3 brush in custom handle and did three test lathers. For the first two I hand lathered and then face lathered some Stirling. Wow, this is a dense knot! Now please note, I'm a badger noob and haven't had the pleasure of owning a Simpson Chubby or one of the Shavemac, but the density of the hairs truly surprised me. I believe it's at least twice as dense as the Stirling finest, my SWMBO confirmed. Here's a picture comparing the two, towel dried:

The brush absorbs crazy amount of water but is not overly soap hungry and loading is surprisingly easy. The brush felt very nice on the face, the backbone is perfect imo, any stiffer and it would be uncomfortable. Compared to Stirling, the splay is much more controlled. There is a noticeable amount of scrub and according to other reviews, it's here to stay for a dozen or so uses.

Awaiting next shave to see the true performance of this beautiful bruhs. Also, I have a 30 mm finest Maseto incoming and will update my impressions.

Here are some more pictures:

morr

Forum GOD!
Here's a picture along side Maseto 30 mm bulb. The Maseto seems softer but not as dense as the Declaration. It may not looks so in the picture, but I'd say it's around 70% density of the Declaration.

GoReds

Forum GOD!
What would be a fantastic 2band badger knot from Europe at 50£?

I have a noname Silvertip that is really good and makes me want not another Silvertip. I wish I could find a very good 2band under 50£.