Cheap Tuxedos!?!

RedSteve

Forum GOD!
I'm on the look out for a decent travel brush. And I'm thinking one of these. But recent pictures here make them look quite big. Can anyone say whether a 24mm is a good size for travelling?

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
I'm on the look out for a decent travel brush. And I'm thinking one of these. But recent pictures here make them look quite big. Can anyone say whether a 24mm is a good size for travelling?

I am happy enough with a 24mm. The brushes are cheap, almost indestructible, and dry very quickly.

SeanC

Forum GOD!
For travelling I would probably run with a 22mm, but it's highly subjective.

Cristobal

Forum GOD!
OK, so some feedback from my shave this morning:
1) It's definitely a good brush (I'm talking about the 26mm Tuxedo) for face lathering, building lather in no time making the ratio time/output very good;
2) indeed, the glue bump is a huge plus, in the way it prevents the brush squeezing and liberating all the water it keeps, when splayed; density helps too, I guess
3) it's just the first use, but it sounds very promising. I'm just doubtful about the volume of lather it can produce.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I've just ordered one :)
Did you go for the white watermelon 28mm fiber? I'm interested to see if its softer than their tux fiber. I've got an ever.shave angel hair knot thats the same as the cashmere and if the 28mm Yaqi is a cashmere knot with l glue bump it will be amazing as it will be as soft as the cashmere and more backbone. Mmmmm what to do?

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Did you go for the white watermelon 28mm fiber? I'm interested to see if its softer than their tux fiber. I've got an ever.shave angel hair knot thats the same as the cashmere and if the 28mm Yaqi is a cashmere knot with l glue bump it will be amazing as it will be as soft as the cashmere and more backbone. Mmmmm what to do?
I went for the 24mm 'cashmere'. I'm hoping for an end result the same as you. Soft, but with a bit of backbone

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Electrif

SE la vie
Ordered this and it was delivered six days later, impressive and certainly faster delivery than my purchases from the States or Canada. It is a 24mm knot, loft is only 45mm, but the glue bump is high at 20mm leaving a free loft of 25mm. It is not described as a 'tuxedo style knot' on Yaqi's website as some of their other black & white synthetics are. Picture is just after a shampoo and test lather...it will be in use this week .

View attachment 17085
I've looked high & low but can't find this Yaqi brush. Am I missing something?