Charcoal Goods shipping advise

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
I consider good bedside manner not being an abrupt blunt peanut which some surgeons have been in personal experiencing. It is the manner in which the information is given. What has the fact/opinion that his razors are pretty awesome got to do with clear concise communications?

Bob

Where did "peanut" come from.
I agree
It was poorly delivered and poorly received.
poorly delivered = bad bedside manner
And for your last question
I’ll put up with a pithy badly worded outburst for an awesome razor. But that’s just me.

Charcoal

No one will disagree with that, I have owned one myself a few years ago, it was nice. It will be my last though.
Ok
But if you write down the reason you’re…. refraining from buying his goods it might look just a tad petty in black and white.
Granted you may have other reasons but if it’s just this that’s holding you back, you might rethink your stance. I guess I don’t see it as that much of a big deal.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Ok
But if you write down the reason you’re…. refraining from buying his goods it might look just a tad petty in black and white.
Granted you may have other reasons but if it’s just this that’s holding you back, you might rethink your stance. I guess I don’t see it as that much of a big deal.
Hard facts, If he's addressing potential customers in this manner, implied tongue in cheek or not, how will he treat you once he's got your money? Let alone we're not even in US so would need to rely on our method of payment to offer any sort of protection. I would hate to have his razor and need customer support. My Oneblade was dropped at home and became bent. Oneblade paid insured return shipping back to themselves. Replaced the head of my razor with the newer version and shipped it back insured. I don't see that sort of thing happening with Charcoal goods.

Charcoal

Hard facts, If he's addressing potential customers in this manner, implied tongue in cheek or not, how will he treat you once he's got your money? Let alone we're not even in US so would need to rely on our method of payment to offer any sort of protection. I would hate to have his razor and need customer support. My Oneblade was dropped at home and became bent. Oneblade paid insured return shipping back to themselves. Replaced the head of my razor with the newer version and shipped it back insured. I don't see that sort of thing happening with Charcoal goods.
How does he? I don’t honestly know. He’s not unknown though. Charcoal Goods is not new. Is his costumer service horrible or does he not stand by his craft products? I’ve not heard any negativity about him until now.

I don’t you’d see replacing a razor because you dropped it at many companies.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
How does he? I don’t honestly know. He’s not unknown though. Charcoal Goods is not new. Is his costumer service horrible or does he not stand by his craft products? I’ve not heard any negativity about him until now.

I don’t you’d see replacing a razor because you dropped it at many companies.
I honestly don't know how his customer service stands up. I'm clearly stating I wouldn't want to test it out. Regardless of issues he's having with post company's or existing customers, there are means and ways to address it. There are many even smaller companies going through even harder times I almost guarantee and I highly doubt they'd be taking that tone. That email is not winning him any new customers and the evidence is in this thread shows he's loosing potential return customers. Can I ask do you have any Charcoal Goods products? I don't and I assure you that that email cemented the fact I never will. And i'd put hard cash on it based on what i'm reading in this small group i'm not atone

Charcoal

If you don’t want to like him that’s cool. I just find it a bit harsh.

By the way I am in no way affiliated with Charcoal Goods and have never spoken to a single soul at Charcoal Goods. Me having the name Charcoal is by chance. My Daughter names me Charcoal in her dragon world.
And yes I live in Oregon but Bend is up the mountain….. I could go there??…. After winter might be best. What am I talking about?

Charcoal

I honestly don't know how his customer service stands up. I'm clearly stating I wouldn't want to test it out. Regardless of issues he's having with post company's or existing customers, there are means and ways to address it. There are many even smaller companies going through even harder times I almost guarantee and I highly doubt they'd be taking that tone. That email is not winning him any new customers and the evidence is in this thread shows he's loosing potential return customers. Can I ask do you have any Charcoal Goods products? I don't and I assure you that that email cemented the fact I never will. And i'd put hard cash on it based on what i'm reading in this small group i'm not atone
I have a complete razor now and I just ordered a level two head.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
If you don’t want to like him that’s cool. I just find it a bit harsh.

By the way I am in no way affiliated with Charcoal Goods and have never spoken to a single soul at Charcoal Goods. Me having the name Charcoal is by chance. My Daughter names me Charcoal in her dragon world.
And yes I live in Oregon but Bend is up the mountain….. I could go there??…. After winter might be best. What am I talking about?
I'm not saying I like or don't like the guy, not sure where you've drawn my dislike to him as a person. And nothing i've said is harsh. I've not insulted his products or called him names. i'm faculty pointing out the email and its tone has lost him customers both new and repeat. The evidence is in the thread.
If I had said his email has shown him to be petulant or he was ranting and throwing his toys out the pram, then yes that would be insulting and harsh but I've not said anything like that.

Masamune

Forum GOD!
I'll just say this.

I have bought a number of razors, handles and baseplates from Brian in the past (pre-Everyday). Customer service was always outstanding. The tone and the wording of the email was a mistake agreed and possibly lost new customers. I am doubtful it will put off many existing customers - who are quite happy to pay the sometimes crazy prices for the original razors secondhand.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I'll just say this.

I have bought a number of razors, handles and baseplates from Brian in the past (pre-Everyday). Customer service was always outstanding. The tone and the wording of the email was a mistake agreed and possibly lost new customers. I am doubtful it will put off many existing customers - who are quite happy to pay the sometimes crazy prices for the original razors secondhand.
You're more than likely correct and there will be plenty if not the majority of customers of Brains products that might not be fazed by Comms like this. But we can see that there are people who have been effected by the email. It is assuring though to have another artisan validate Brains everyday service.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Ok
I have no intention of rethinking my stance. I simply will not deal with someone who thinks it is O.K to speak to people in that manner. Had he written "Gentlemen, I am aware of issues with my postal delivery service, I apologise unreservedly for this and am endeavouring to put it right as soon as I can by finding another service, please do not bombard me with emails of complaints, I am aware of the couriers failings and am working hard to put things right in the background "
I'd have found it more palatable.

Charcoal

I'm not saying I like or don't like the guy, not sure where you've drawn my dislike to him as a person. And nothing i've said is harsh. I've not insulted his products or called him names. i'm faculty pointing out the email and its tone has lost him customers both new and repeat. The evidence is in the thread.
If I had said his email has shown him to be petulant or he was ranting and throwing his toys out the pram, then yes that would be insulting and harsh but I've not said anything like that.
Oh lord….
You piggyback on Wayne just to take shots then step back and say not me. Ok
Do you like him?
The sentence I where I say it’s cool if you choose not to like him is open to anyone. Yes I quoted you but I’m also speaking to all involved in this conversation. I find it harsh for anyone to get so worked up over this. Sooooo if you’re worked up and have decided to…. refrain from considering a Charcoal Goods product, then yes I’m saying that you are being harsh,,, Harsh “words” or no harsh “words”.
Saying what you’re not doesn’t help whatsoever. Say what you are.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Oh lord….
You piggyback on Wayne just to take shots then step back and say not me. Ok
Do you like him?
The sentence I where I say it’s cool if you choose not to like him is open to anyone. Yes I quoted you but I’m also speaking to all involved in this conversation. I find it harsh for anyone to get so worked up over this. Sooooo if you’re worked up and have decided to…. refrain from considering a Charcoal Goods product, then yes I’m saying that you are being harsh,,, Harsh “words” or no harsh “words”.
Saying what you’re not doesn’t help whatsoever. Say what you are.
I'm not piggybacking on anyone, i'm making my case on how I feel. YMMV, and i've not said anything harsh or untoward. I've not got worked up. I'm not sat hear spiting feathers. I'm not extending words like Sooooooo and neither am I calling you or anyone names.
I ask you
1. Do I not have the right to have an opinion on how an email has made me feel and state in a public forum how I feel?
2. Do I not have the right to draw facts and state what those are from statements made my others in the forum?
3. Choosing to not buy a product is my choice and if its drawn from the vendors tone in emails thats not harsh thats my choice.
4. You do you, if saying i'd not buy a product is harsh you've clearly not been around many shaving forums

i'm not saying wow if you're defending him you must be a fan boy, or why you getting so upperty.