B&R adjustable

Southbound

Forum GOD!
Hello all,

I need to know more about this razor! I just found out about it over the weekend. This thing looks awesome!
Thanks,
Michael

Southbound

Forum GOD!
I hope you guys dont think im being overly critical. The reason im asking all these questions about this razor is, because im definitely interested in purchasing the razor when it comes out. I was thinking were the handle abuts to the head, the collar at the bottom of the base plate and the handle will constantly be in metal to metal contact. Just wandering over time with this constant metal to metal contact, make the turn and adjust part loose?

Dogsmro

Forum GOD!
I hope you guys dont think im being overly critical. The reason im asking all these questions about this razor is, because im definitely interested in purchasing the razor when it comes out. I was thinking were the handle abuts to the head, the collar at the bottom of the base plate and the handle will constantly be in metal to metal contact. Just wandering over time with this constant metal to metal contact, make the turn and adjust part loose?
No not really, the handle is actually attached to the threads of the top cap and doesn't make contact in that way.

theunnamed

Forum GOD!
Vendor
@Southbound
You can ask anything you wonder, that should be in this way to make you comfortable.

I don’t think the parts wear out by the little friction (tab of the handle and the collar of the head i mean). The parts are all steel and very hard to remove any particles.
I don’t know the exact terms but just think about an engine where the pistons are in contact with the housing and they stand out hundreds of miles although they work very fast. Do they wear out easily ?

Southbound

Forum GOD!
@Southbound
You can ask anything you wonder, that should be in this way to make you comfortable.

I don’t think the parts wear out by the little friction (tab of the handle and the collar of the head i mean). The parts are all steel and very hard to remove any particles.
I don’t know the exact terms but just think about an engine where the pistons are in contact with the housing and they stand out hundreds of miles although they work very fast. Do they wear out easily ?
True. Im just a little OCD with my razors. How about blade chatter? Does it hold blade in very tight? One razor ive read Merkur futur has a lot of blade chatter.