Any shaving resolutions

S

Steve Bowles

I thought it strange you posted without mentioning me...I felt unloved for a moment
As long as you make these "resolutions" and provide an off-book revenue-stream from the secret pools the membership of this forum enjoy, you will always have "love". :wacky:

Fidelis

Forum GOD!
Hmmmh... for the new year.... maybe I will buy three further Meißner Tremonia Soaps (Morrocan Ghassoul, Black Beer No.1, Indian Flavor cought my eye... maybe Boellis Panama 1924 will join them), second, maybe I will try to get the Wolfman WR2-SB/OC (1.25mm blade gap), three, there are two further synthetic brush knots (30mm Cashmere and 30mm Timberwolf) coming in (already ordered, will send them to Shavemac to insert them into two nice handles), four, I want to give the Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum a try in the Tech and the Schick Proline in the Alumigoose.

After getting used to the ShaveCraft Tech and its shaving results, there are not many razors that I still want, so RAD is (nearly) sleeping...
Same for the SE razors, regarding the Alumigoose V1 and the Ever Ready Streamline.

Shaving is just shaving... yes and no. Of course I developed a routine, of course it isn't exciting like the first time trying a de razor, but... I still really enjoy treating myself nearly every morning with great, high quality products (still, you don't need to pay a fortune for getting good to high quality stuff, for good shaves). And using i.e. the Tech, shaving doesn't feel boring to me, it is a very nice feeling, when I'm in a flow using it, concentrated but relaxed, even the Tech can feel comfortably and smooth.
And after the shave, I really like to choose from my fragrances giving every shave a beautiful topping for an enjoyable start in the day. :D

The Gentleman

Forum GOD!
I don't like resolutions, but my plan for 2019 is to not buy any razors and use my 3-4 favorites almost exclusively. I will buy less soaps, but I can't keep my fingers of every exciting release. I plan to buy a few brushes and as this is my hobby I don't mind spending some cash.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I decided I need to sell some brushes, so I've just been upstairs to sort out which I will sell on. I couldn't do it in the end. I have too many but I have an attachment to them and can't let them go. So another resolution looks like no brush 2019.
They become your little babies don’t they ?

Wayne

Forum Sod
They become your little babies don’t they ?
Yeah! I went upstairs with the intention of a right good cull. I picked each one up and thought Er, no! I'll keep that one. The trouble is my Shavemacs will sell, the Ferdmans and WildWest as nice as they are don't carry the same kudos so I will not realise their worth back. We tend to be brand name tarts, myself included.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Yeah! I went upstairs with the intention of a right good cull. I picked each one up and thought Er, no! I'll keep that one. The trouble is my Shavemacs will sell, the Ferdmans and WildWest as nice as they are don't carry the same kudos so I will not realise their worth back. We tend to be brand name tarts, myself included.
I haven’t got anything big £’s. The Milk Churn must of been the most expensive and it got used once last year, but that said I doubt I’d part with it. I’ve a few Neep’s again not used in ages, not forgetting the big floppy Mason Pearson. The thing is, last year I really discovered Synthetic’s and I’m a convert. When I started on here for me it was all about the badgers.

Acer89

James
Where do you keep the good stuff, the boar knots
I decided I need to sell some brushes, so I've just been upstairs to sort out which I will sell on. I couldn't do it in the end. I have too many but I have an attachment to them and can't let them go. So another resolution looks like no brush 2019.
I'm exactly the same Wayne. Although I have far too many brushes, it's hard to let go. I may sell on most of my knots as I'm not attached to those.

S

Steve Bowles

Ker-ching! Thanks, @Wayne. I'll name my new Bentley after you.

Wayne

Forum Sod
I haven’t got anything big £’s. The Milk Churn must of been the most expensive and it got used once last year, but that said I doubt I’d part with it. I’ve a few Neep’s again not used in ages, not forgetting the big floppy Mason Pearson. The thing is, last year I really discovered Synthetic’s and I’m a convert. When I started on here for me it was all about the badgers.
I can see the appeal of Synthetic knots, they don't shed, they dry quickly, they are soft and need no soaking. Yeah! They have a lot of positives over Badgers.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Ker-ching! Thanks, @Wayne. I'll name my new Bentley after you.
You'll make no money from me on the brush side Stevie. I really cannot justify buying another brush now. I will not waver on that in 2019 for sure, I may use some of my brushes for trades but no money will change hands so you best cancel the Bentlley and order that Fiat 500

Grarea

Forum Plod
I don't really do resolutions.
More evolution than resolution, I guess.

But it is quite interesting for me.
Long story short, my stubble has softened recently and I now know what everyone is talking about more.

So, I get to start again and see what works.

Dr Watson

James
Long story short, my stubble has softened recently and I now know what everyone is talking about more.
Is that the oat thing? Funny, I decided to go vegetarian about 10 weeks ago and in the past couple of weeks noticed reduced muscle strength and my nails which have always been super strong (have a history of breaking scissors and clippers when trimming, I have to use oversized Scholl pro one's) have become brittle and weak.

A little internet self diagnosis suggests this is likely due to the human bodies lack of efficiency when it comes to absorbing iron from plant based foods vs animal flesh and is commonly something many new veggies struggle with until their bodies adapt to the new diet. Anyway, a side effect of this is that my stubble has significantly softened at the same time, I've been going ATG on my chin/central neck area which has always been pretty much a no go.

Amazing how our diet has such a direct effect on our stubble, obvious in hindsight but until you experience it you don't quite appreciate the extent (well I didn't at least!)

D

Deleted member 1881

Hello chaps and happy new year. One more addition to my collection will be the Yaqi Timberwolf 26mm knot at 13 euros posted in Greece.

I don't think I really need another brush, I'm ok!