Your most used camera type?

Discussion in 'Arts, Literature & Photography' started by Nick_S, Jul 21, 2016.

?

What type of camera?

1. SLR

37.2%
  2. Compact

14.0%
  3. Bridge

2.3%
  4. Phone Camera

44.2%
  5. Covert (I am a spy)

2.3%
  1. Nick_S

Nick_S Craft Beer Connoisseur

In this modern age of digital photography, we have a plethora of options available to us.

For the vast majority of your shots, what sort of camera do you use? Not fussed about film v digital, just the type.

For me, the majority of my shots I tend to take with my phone camera (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge). It is very good quality, and is convenient. When I want to enjoy a photography session, I do take out my EOS 450D and various lenses.

Nishy likes this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Member #10

I'm a bit 'ashamed' to admit that if you're speaking purely in terms of volume of photos...I use my phone the most.

I think every single SOTD photo I've posted is with my phone for instance.
    I think I'm at a dangerous intersection of technological advancement and personal laziness.

3. wazza

wazza a dog got personality

I also hate to admit it, espicially due to the wife being a photographer but it is of course, my phone.
    Back in the day I'd always have a DSLR with me but now, can't be arsed.

Wayne, Rowlers and Darkbulb like this.
  4. Ash

Ash Legendary Member

Most of my photos I use a Nikon D90 , got various lenses but I've gotten lazy and just tend to use one.

5. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Moto X style here.. 90% of the time, for other b times a Nikon D3300, with a choice of lenses...

6. JamieM

JamieM Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales

Nikon D7200 with the Nikon-AF-S-DX-Nikkor-16-80mm-f2.8-4E-ED-VR

AlexNoodles likes this.
  7. jb7

jb7 Bloke

If I want quality images then it's my Canon 5D Mark II all the way.

I use the camera phone if I'm out and about and for some un-expected reason want to grab a quick (and mostly irrelevant) photo of something.

If I want something in between these two, then my Fuji X100 usually fits the bill.

Once you've used a good quality SLR, very little else often ever compares in terms of image quality or performance.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Nishy and Rowlers like this.
  8. Nico1970

Nico1970 Forum GOD! Staff Member

Mmmmm, sorry to say I generally take the lazy man's option - the phone camera...:oops:

9. Merkurologist

Merkurologist Forum GOD!

How wrong can you get? I remember when the first camera / phone came out I said to my friend.... "Who would want a camera on their phones?" :eek:

10. celestino

celestino Forum GOD!

Nikon D7000 + older Japanese 50mm f/1.8 glass lens. :)

11. Ash

Ash Legendary Member

No worse than IBM who thought there was no money in software which is where Bill Gates stepped in.

Merkurologist likes this.
  12. Dr Watson

Dr Watson Forum GOD!

Fujifilm X-F1 compact is my go to... I had intended to "upgrade" to a newer model but 3 years on and its still perfectly good enough for my needs.

[​IMG]

13. Dipesh

Dipesh Forum GOD! Staff Member

I have a dslr but mainly use my phone.

14. N_Architect

N_Architect Forum GOD!

dSLR / Canon.

[​IMG]

Nishy likes this.
  15. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

As I detest most 'Compact digital cameras' I do tend to use my iphone 6 camera. It gives instant access to the web and the apps for manipulation are superb when considering just how difficult Photoshop is to use unless you really study it. I'm lcurrently looking out for a Nikon J2 to use.

JamieM likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice