Completed Would like to borrow a Sabre L1 baseplate

p.b

Forum GOD!
Does anyone in the UK have a Blackland Sabre L1 base plate they would be willing to lend to me?

I will cover the cost of Special Delivery both ways and add a small thank you gift on return.

I'm getting amazing shaves with the L2 but each time I have irritation around my neck so I'd like to try a L1 to see how that performs. Thanks, Paul

halvor

a most elusive fish
Does anyone in the UK have a Blackland Sabre L1 base plate they would be willing to lend to me?

I will cover the cost of Special Delivery both ways and add a small thank you gift on return.

I'm getting amazing shaves with the L2 but each time I have irritation around my neck so I'd like to try a L1 to see how that performs. Thanks, Paul
Have you posted anywhere on your experiences with 2 vs 1, Paul? Have had one shave with 2 thus far, with the below result... My neck is usually smooth and spotless. I know Shane has said elsewhere that it may take a few shaves to dial it in, but I haven’t seen such a neck in the mirror since I first took up this hobby. Wasn’t a close shave either, as is apparent, though face otherwise was close to BBS. I’m thinking it has to do with the right angle being difficult to attain when curvy.
392A7AC5-8792-483A-B6DE-FD3DF4507DBB.jpeg

p.b

Forum GOD!
Hi @halvor, yes I posted somewhere - no idea where though!

It appears you have the same issue: tugging and then soreness?

In all honesty I can’t tell you how I overcame it, it just sort of worked itself out. I tried the L1 and it was beautifully smooth but hardly cut. I’m certain you would not like it- far too inefficient.
After using the L1 for several shaves I went back to the L2 and it just worked.

I think it might be hard to get the angle steep enough (head flat enough) on your neck

halvor

a most elusive fish
Hi @halvor, yes I posted somewhere - no idea where though!

It appears you have the same issue: tugging and then soreness?

In all honesty I can’t tell you how I overcame it, it just sort of worked itself out. I tried the L1 and it was beautifully smooth but hardly cut. I’m certain you would not like it- far too inefficient.
After using the L1 for several shaves I went back to the L2 and it just worked.

I think it might be hard to get the angle steep enough (head flat enough) on your neck
Thanks, Paul. I’ll have to keep going, s’pose, but must alternate with a safe and mild one or end up looking like a pizza. Did you have much experience with GEM blade razors before? I’m thinking that my lack of such (for all of these also require flat against the face shaving, right?) may be a thing, so not Sabre per se.

Happy belated to the young lady in the house :)

Reactions: p.b

p.b

Forum GOD!
I’m thinking that my lack of such (for all of these also require flat against the face shaving, right?) may be a thing, so not Sabre per se
I’ve tried several GEM razors but only had problems with the Sabre and I don’t understand why that was

Wayne

Forum Sod
Have you posted anywhere on your experiences with 2 vs 1, Paul? Have had one shave with 2 thus far, with the below result... My neck is usually smooth and spotless. I know Shane has said elsewhere that it may take a few shaves to dial it in, but I haven’t seen such a neck in the mirror since I first took up this hobby. Wasn’t a close shave either, as is apparent, though face otherwise was close to BBS. I’m thinking it has to do with the right angle being difficult to attain when curvy.
View attachment 33811
That was my neck when I started using Gem razors and the Personna Gem blades. America get a lot of shaving stuff right but for me Personna blades are not one of those things they are for me as rough as a Badgers Arse and the reason I gave up on vintage Gem style SE razors. I wouldn't cut a Banana with a Personna....If I did it would have a red neck and weepers.