Wolfman .74 SB

Discussion in 'Double Edge Safety Razors (DE)' started by Wayne, Jul 13, 2018 at 4:19 PM.

1. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

I'm three shaves in with my Wolfie and it is really right on the edge of the aggressiveness scale for me. Any more and I wouldn't want to use it. I've tried it with my less sharp blades so far, Voskhod and Shark and I've had weepers on both occasions in places where I expect them with a more aggressive razor, the corner of my mouth and very bottom of my neck.
    It isn't gonna skin me alive but it can't, on me, be just whizzed around with abandon. I have to use the lightest of touches and take care, very similar to the Muhle Rocca. I know aggressivness is personal and one mans mild is anothers aggressive. It does give me a close BBS in two passes so nothing to moan about there but it takes some concentration on my part.
    I'll keep at it to see if I can get totally comfortable with it before deciding if I may need a less aggressive blade gap.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 9:09 PM
  2. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

Keep with with it my friend, master it another 5 or 6 shaves to really appreciate it as a tool

Optometrist, Blackmass and Wayne like this.
  3. Grarea

Grarea Forum GOD!

Sounds interesting.
    Have you had other razors that you have felt the same way?
    Muscle memory takes a while to take hold eh?

Optometrist likes this.
  4. Britva

Britva Legendary Member

Ah ok.. You just answered my question, I had asked on Instagram earlier. Do you still want to try something less aggressive?

Wayne likes this.
  5. Wilga

Wilga Well-Known Member

The .74 Wolfman is just on the high side for me too. I enjoy the shave but I think I would have done better to have selected the .67.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 5:13 AM
    Wayne likes this.
  6. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Can I be your bin man?

Thug, p.b, Wayne and 2 others like this.
  7. Wilga

Wilga Well-Known Member

Good try Sunshine

Wayne likes this.
  8. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

Yeah, the Muhle Rocca shaves exactly the same for a hell of a lot less outlay also the Asylum Evolution both right on the edge for me, I did manage to dial the Evo in and get the best from it so I'll eventually find the blade the Wolfie prefers, it may need a sharper blade in it. That way I can use minimum pressure safe in the knowledge it'll still shave well.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 7:41 AM
    Grarea likes this.
  9. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

Certainly Lee I'll send you an application form I have quite a few candidates CV's to get through :D

10. Holyzeus

Holyzeus Quack Quack

Gillette Blacks worked well for me in the .74 mate

Wayne likes this.
  11. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

Thanks, I have some so will load one up mate.
    Cheers

Holyzeus likes this.
  12. Holyzeus

Holyzeus Quack Quack

Transformed it actually

Wayne likes this.
  13. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

The sharper blade/aggressive razor combo showed dividends this morning. The combo of Gillette SB and the Wolfie shined. The less pressure used from a 2 on a 1-10 scale with the Shark to a 1 on the GSB worked wonders. Much better. My cheeks (no not those cheeks) feel like a hair has never grown there ever.
    Lovely shave.

Holyzeus, Nishy, jeepie and 2 others like this.
  14. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

Wayne which handle are you using? I found the thicker handles to be counter productive of course YMMV

15. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

Hi Nishy the handle is the WRH7 so not at all chunky.

Nishy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice