WOD

I've got a new bike, that I'm itching to take out for a run, but the amount of ice on the roads just makes it too dangerous. Should get myself trail trainers so I can run off road, as its probably safer...
Oh nice! Yeah you don't want to have an accident if it's bad conditions. The trainers sound like a decent idea:thumbsup:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Been keeping an eye out on Decathlon but still no weights in stock. Are the bands good for working out (good dumbbell alternative)?
They are not a replacement, but for Bicep/Tricep/shoulders they are decent. I've got Olympic rings and a TRX that I use as well, so I can get a decent workout.

You don't need weights to get in shape.. if they are not available. Bodyweight exercises are a good alternative..and there are a few good tutotials online for DIY pull up bars and home workouts..
Also look at the military burpees and the exercise regimens of prisoners who don't have exercise equipment.
Consistency, diet and hard work will get you where you need to be..

Monday (yesterday) back at it for 3:

1.Sprinter lunges x20
2. Thrusters x15
3. Table top crunches x 40
4. Russian Twists x 40
5. Hammers x12
6. Shoulders x12
7. Rows x15
8. Deadlifts x15
9. Flys x15
10. Triceps x20
11. Push up thrusters x15

10 mins Skipping rope

:training: Killer!

Last edited:
Mr latest weapon:
Forgive me, Lee but what is it? Medicine ball or something similar?

*** Edit I see now! Slam ball. Great piece of equipment much more durable than the old style medicine balls. Also nice to have around when you lose a game of Monopoly and can take some frustration out. That's what I do anyway! :laugh:

Last edited:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Forgive me, Lee but what is it? Medicine ball or something similar?

*** Edit I see now! Slam ball. Great piece of equipment much more durable than the old style medicine balls. Also nice to have around when you lose a game of Monopoly and can take some frustration out. That's what I do anyway! :laugh:
Yeah it's great, unfortunately my neighbour doesn't think so and has reported me to the council for excess noise. Her stupid fault for converting her garage into a bedroom!

slapo

It's... alive!
Yeah it's great, unfortunately my neighbour doesn't think so and has reported me to the council for excess noise. Her stupid fault for converting her garage into a bedroom!
On the bright side, if you were to add some studio-style foam to isolate the garage, you play death metal really loud in there without anyone noticing much.

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Working sets:

Press 3x5
Deadlift 3x5
Chinups 3x5

I then supersetted slam ball thrusters with pull-ups to failure and called it a day.

I’m trying to keep form as nailed on as possible for my working sets; e.g. no leg drive when pressing overhead, no kipping the chins etc. Will revise deadlift to 5x3 when I’m pulling higher numbers and happy with the muscle memory.

The wife and I are both off this week so we’ll head out for a nice walk in a bit. If only the pubs were open for a pub lunch and a pint!