WOD

junipertar

Forum GOD!
20 KG Snatch 120 reps in 6 mins - with multiple hand changes instead of the usual "once" as per competition rules. The last time I was snatching my hands weren't yet ready for the abuse of fast paced snatches with 20 KG. This time I wanted to get the cardio & endurance benefit of the workout without ripping off my hands. The pace was even faster at 20 rpm but multiple hand switches worked fine & I had no problems. I think I'll work up to a 10 min set like this before I revert to the comp style single hand switch.

Last edited:

junipertar

Forum GOD!
Yesterday evening: (Lower weight higher reps x 3 10,12,14)

1. Front and side raises
2. Triceps
3.Bicep curls
4. Lunges
5. Push ups
6. Weighted crunches

I think I might ditch the lunges as I always get crazy knee pain afterwards and I'm walking around like Quasimodo for the next few days. (I also look like him:laugh:)
Squats, lying leg curls and dead lifts is hopefully enough for my legs. :training:
Lunges I don't do, you have to be very careful with the balance or the knees suffer. If you have to pick a single exercise for the legs, squats will cover most of the muscles for most of the angles. If you could add leg extensions to your list, all the better. FWIW, I would start off with legs & go from bigger muscle group exercises to smaller ones though.

Lunges I don't do, you have to be very careful with the balance or the knees suffer. If you have to pick a single exercise for the legs, squats will cover most of the muscles for most of the angles. If you could add leg extensions to your list, all the better. FWIW, I would start off with legs & go from bigger muscle group exercises to smaller ones though.
Good advice! I agree, thanks!:thumbsup:

mark0

Forum GOD!
Yesterday evening: (Lower weight higher reps x 3 10,12,14)

1. Front and side raises
2. Triceps
3.Bicep curls
4. Lunges
5. Push ups
6. Weighted crunches

I think I might ditch the lunges as I always get crazy knee pain afterwards and I'm walking around like Quasimodo for the next few days. (I also look like him:laugh:)
Squats, lying leg curls and dead lifts is hopefully enough for my legs. :training:
I always get really sore from lunges no matter what. Picking up something from the ground becomes a major issue.

Squats and some form of hip hinge (deadlift, Romanian deadlift or stiff leg deadlift) will do. Leg curl, leg extension and adductor/abductor machines are also something to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always get really sore from lunges no matter what. Picking up something from the ground becomes a major issue.

Squats and some form of hip hinge (deadlift, Romanian deadlift or stiff leg deadlift) will do. Leg curl, leg extension and adductor/abductor machines are also something to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah thanks! I forgot about hip hinge as well. Good advice. :thumbsup::)

Today will be Barbell circuit.. 10 rounds of 6 exercises decrease by one rep each time, so:

1. Push ups (10-1)
2. Squats (10-1)
3. Shoulder press/Overhead press (10-1)
4. Barbell bent over rows (10-1)
5. Deadlift (10-1)
6. Burpees (10-1)

Only 25 Kilos on the bar but no rest between so it's brutal!!!:heat::training::cry:

D

Deleted member 476

2019-Week 28

87km MTB total for the week. We had a shit pile of rain again this week. arrrrggg.:cursing:

Sun - 53km Bike
Mon - off
Tue - 12km Bike
Wed - off
Thu - off
Fri - off
Sat - 22km MTB paved and gravel trails in Canadian Rocky Mtns, Banff. Was going to single track but too muddy from all the rain this past month.

D

Deleted member 476

2019-Week 29
Sun - off
Mon - off
Tue - 23km Bike
Wed - off
Thu - off
Fri - 27km Bike
Sat - 51km Bike

D

Deleted member 476

Come on you couch louts, lets get the bums off the couch this week.

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
It hit 93 today and pretty humid. I went for a bike ride at 5PM. It was 93 when I started. Almost turned around and went back inside as I rolled the bike outside and felt the heat on my face. I persevered. I rode 9 miles. Some nice hills in there. I'm just getting back into shape after a nasty fall on my mountain bike last August. Went over the handlebars and hurt both my legs. I started up again a couple weeks ago. My normal route is a 9 mile oval loop. When I feel I am fit enough, I can add some mileage, taking it up to 12.5 miles per loop but it also adds two large climbs over a small mountain (ok, it's just a hill but I like saying mountain). Last summer I was able to do a 12.5 mile loop followed by a 9 mile loop. Not very fit but better than sitting on my ass. But this comeback has me pretty discouraged. I've been at it for a couple weeks riding roughly every other day. In the past I would be able to add a second 9 mile loop to my routine. But so far I have not felt strong enough to be able to do a second loop. And the heat isn't helping. I'm going to wake up early tomorrow and get out on the bike again. If I feel good enough, I'll add a second loop. Hoping to step things up a bit. I desperately need to drop the tons of weight I gained since last summer. The last time I weighed myself I was at 220. Not good. My heaviest I've ever been was 224. I should be at about 180, even 175. I have a lot of work to do. Dropping 50 pounds could get me off the blood pressure meds, and maybe even the cholesterol meds. Riding tomorrow. You should too.

D

Deleted member 476

2019-Week 31
Sun - 22km Bike
Mon - 47km Bike
Tue - 7km Walk
Wed - off
Thu - 24km Bike
Fri - 53km Bike
Sat - off