WOD

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Thought it would be fun to see what we all get up in the Gym/Box/Garage/wherever:
Tonight:
Warm up
Compound Sets - 3 sets of 10 (or failure!)

Bench Press 95KG
DB Flye 25kG

Push Ups (*22)
Decline DB Flye 26KG

BB Curl 40KG
DB Curl 12.5KG

Spider Curl 30KG
BD Concentration Curl 10KG

Decline Situps 25KG

Robyflexx

Forum GOD!
Thought it would be fun to see what we all get up in the Gym/Box/Garage/wherever:
Tonight:
Warm up
Compound Sets - 3 sets of 10 (or failure!)

Bench Press 95KG
DB Flye 25kG

Push Ups (*22)
Decline DB Flye 26KG

BB Curl 40KG
DB Curl 12.5KG

Spider Curl 30KG
BD Concentration Curl 10KG

Decline Situps 25KG
Excellent routine buddy. :okay:

Gairdner

Forum DOG!
Fairly standard set tonight:

106 press ups (37,35,34)
135 sit ups (50,45,40)
108 leg raises (3x36)
100 squats (55,45)
26 reps with 40kg on EZ curl bar (8,9,9)
54 shoulder pull lifts with 15kg disc weight on each arm (3x18)
44 rapid-fire bicep curls with 15kg disc weight (12,12,20)
1200 calf lifts

Also:
4.7 mile walk (outside daftie, not in the garage, house, etc....:p::facepalm:)
4 hours in the 'gairden' doing mater's bidding.

To use a Scottish phrase, "I'm puggled!" :sleep:

Robyflexx

Forum GOD!
Fairly standard set tonight:

106 press ups (37,35,34)
135 sit ups (50,45,40)
108 leg raises (3x36)
100 squats (55,45)
26 reps with 40kg on EZ curl bar (8,9,9)
54 shoulder pull lifts with 15kg disc weight on each arm (3x18)
44 rapid-fire bicep curls with 15kg disc weight (12,12,20)
1200 calf lifts

Also:
4.7 mile walk (outside daftie, not in the garage, house, etc....:p::facepalm:)
4 hours in the 'gairden' doing mater's bidding.

To use a Scottish phrase, "I'm puggled!" :sleep:
That's amazing! :training:

Gairdner

Forum DOG!
Ruddy heat made life difficult today but still managed 4 hours in a neighbour's garden which was hard going but rewarding. Followed that up with a four mile fast walk with a run up that DAMN hill at t'end. Tonight's workout was as follows:

102 press ups (35,34,33)
135 sit ups (50,45,40)
108 leg raises (36,36,36)
3x30 clenches on each hand with 200lb heavy grips
100 squats
1300 calf lifts
3 x18 shoulder pull lifts with 15kg disc weight
46 (12,12,22) rapid-fire bicep curls with 15kg disc weight

Now I am ready for the knacker's yard! :training::sleep:

Robyflexx

Forum GOD!
Ruddy heat made life difficult today but still managed 4 hours in a neighbour's garden which was hard going but rewarding. Followed that up with a four mile fast walk with a run up that DAMN hill at t'end. Tonight's workout was as follows:

102 press ups (35,34,33)
135 sit ups (50,45,40)
108 leg raises (36,36,36)
3x30 clenches on each hand with 200lb heavy grips
100 squats
1300 calf lifts
3 x18 shoulder pull lifts with 15kg disc weight
46 (12,12,22) rapid-fire bicep curls with 15kg disc weight

Now I am ready for the knacker's yard! :training::sleep:
My friend you're setting the bar high, well done! :okay:

Purbeck

Forum GOD!
Oh dear - you guys put me to shame.

My routine is always the same - seven core exercises with my isokinator followed by the six core exercises on the bullworker.

Football takes care of my cardio when I'm not injured (currently recovering from a grade 2 MCL tear )

Gairdner

Forum DOG!
@Purbeck trust me, I ain't putting anyone to shame but myself. I forced myself to start this after rising to a mammoth 22 stone a few years ago. I was smoking too and apart from a little gardening, I couldn't do much else and spent much of the day on my fat arse. Now I ain't criticising anyone who may be as heavy/overweight as I was but physically, life was ruddy awful back then. I wouldn't last 10 minutes playing football these days. @Nishy ooft, that's some effort - feel almost sick just reading that. @Robyflexx get away with you man! You're the bar setter round here with your 4-5am workouts every single day. :D

Last edited:

Purbeck

Forum GOD!
@Purbeck trust me, I ain't putting anyone to shame but myself. I forced myself to start this after rising to a mammoth 22 stone a few years ago. I was smoking too and apart from a little gardening, I couldn't do much else and spent much of the day on my fat arse. Now I ain't criticising anyone who may be as heavy/overweight as I was but physically, life was ruddy awful back then. I wouldn't last 10 minutes playing football. @Nishy ooft, that's some effort - feel almost sick just reading that. @Robyflexx get away with you man! You're the bar setter round here with your 4-5am workouts every single day. :D
My brother was in the same boat, 22 stone and a lifestyle that would see him into an early grave. He lost 7 stone in 6 months by cutting out beer and fast food. Took up cycling and hasn't looked back. He can now out pace his 17 year old son up the Purbeck hills. His personality changed for the better too. Much happier and less short tempered. His wife seems happier too ?!!
Much respect for anyone that pushes themselves like you have to 'fix' a situation.

Gairdner

Forum DOG!
My wife's happier - she left me! :laugh:

My weight loss took considerably longer. A little less than 6 and half stone in just over 2 years. It's my dense bones, honest...:blush:

Purbeck

Forum GOD!
My wife's happier - she left me! :laugh:

My weight loss took considerably longer. A little less than 6 and half stone in just over 2 years. It's my dense bones, honest...:blush:
Better way to do it - my bro ended up in hospital with pneumonia where his body couldn't cope with the rapid change.
Anyway apologies for the digression... back to people shaming me into exercising more haha

Last edited: