Wickhams Super Smooth V2

D

Deleted member 30

Welcome to the Wickham Soap Co. Super Smooth testers thread.

Last week I sent out to all Super Smooth testers a Melon version of the shave soap, which should land on door mats middle of this week.

If you all would be as kind as to post your feedback here it would be greatly appreciated, thank you and Happy Shaving! :)

Super Smooth V2 Ingredients:
Aqua, Potasium Stearate, Potasium Cocate, Mangifera Indica (mango) seed butter, glycerine, fractionated coconut, fragrance, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol and Ethyhexlylglycerin

Last edited by a moderator:

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Last week I sent out to all Super Smooth testers a Melon version of the shave soap, which should land on door mats middle of this week.
Looking forward to receiving this, the previous sample was great. I'm hoping it arrives before Wednesday so that I can use it for a short trip away. Will certainly post my thoughts.

D

Deleted member 1881

How many are the samples? I think it was one. The one in the black sachet.

IMG_20181015_142417_DRO.jpg

Darron, which ingredient of these is responsible for slickness during shave?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 30

How many are the samples? I think it was one. The one in the black sachet.

View attachment 37445

Darron, which ingredient of these is responsible for slickness during shave?
George, there are different fragrance test soaps sent out to testers. There has also been a slight change to the formula with the addition of a preservative. The only reason for this was because the first samples were made as an apology to the Tallow testers for not receiving samples when I said. The 2nd round has only been sent out to the 62 testers on the original Super Smooth list.

"Darron, which ingredient of these is responsible for slickness during shave?"

I could tell you this but it would not be easy for me. It would be like answering this question "which rower won the race out of a crew of rowers in the same boat". The best way to answer, is the combination of all. :)

jonmaddock

Forum GOD!
Just used my sample..

Wow its slick! I mean I got some on my hands and nearly dropped the progress razor, very exciting this shave was! Thick thick lather and easy to build on the face, really was a thick protective layer, scent was melon and moreish, I'll be using it again next shave initial thoughts are, THE BOSS IS BACK (adored supersmooth first time around)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ajh101

Noob
My sample arrived yesterday, thank you Darron.
I am admittedly not a fan of 'fruity' scents and this was a little too sweet for me. But, each to their own :)
That said, the protection and slickness was top notch, and my skin feels fantastic afterwards!
If this batch was to test the result of adding a preservative, I'd say this is ready for production.
Thanks again for the chance to try this great cream.

p.b

Forum GOD!

I was not a fan of the original Super Smooth, and i recognize that I'm in the minority there, but for me it just wasn't slick enough.

This is my first use of the V2 Melon. The Melon scent is pure melon, and no mistake. I do not like my shaving soap to smell of food but if you do and you like melon then you'll love this.
I found the first pass extremely slick, easily up there with my top tier soaps, but it was slightly lacking in residual slickness once I'd passed over an area. Directly after my first pass I was amazed at how soft my skin felt - a real 'Oil of Ulay' (or Olay or whatever is now is) moment. Incredible. However, during the second and third pass I could feel the familiar chemical tightening / mild burn when a soap is irritating my skin. My skin is still VERY soft, but tender so I won't be able to use this again, I will however give the other sample a try.

In summary. Great initial slickness, really impressive; disappointing residual slickness and, if it hadn't irritated my skin, wonderful post-shave softness.

D

Deleted member 30

In summary. Great initial slickness, really impressive; disappointing residual slickness and, if it hadn't irritated my skin, wonderful post-shave softness.
Thank you for your feedback, I will make some slight adjustments on the next sample with your feedback in mind. Thank you again :)