Wickhams Super Smooth V2

Lann

Forum GOD!
I can only concur with @Wayne's post above. I also have just finished a shave having bowl lathered the melon scented sample Darron sent me a few days ago. As with the Issey Miyake inspired sample I tried last week this is really top notch stuff that produced a very dense and creamy lather with great slickness during the shave and leaving a very pleasant post shave feel no need for any post-shave lotions or potions. This scent will be perfect to take away on a sunshine holiday or to use in the bathroom at home on a warm sunny day. Thanks, @Fox for the opportunity to test out these samples.
Paul

MrK1

Forum GOD!
Apologies, didn’t get a chance to post earlier.

Used my Melon sample last night.
I prefer cologney type scents and didn’t think I would like the smell, but I was pleasantly surprised. It’s not something I would choose, but the scent is nice enough. I appreciated how it stayed throughout the shave and lingered a little while after the shave. I think the scent strength is perfect.

Dropped an an almond size blob onto my SOC badger and face lathered. It would have been easier to load from a tub, but it didn’t take long to get a nice thick yoghurt type lather enough for 3 passes.

The lather was more than adequate against a Blackbird SB with a Feather. No nicks or cuts. Had a quick face feel between passes and my skin felt nice and slick. I probably could have done a second pass with a milder razor without re-lathering.

Post shave feel is great, skin felt slick and soft and not dry at all.

Thanks for being included in the testers group Darron - you have another winner. I can’t wait for the Spice Trade version.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I've just finished my first shave with the melon sample and having read @Wayne comments about the sweets I have to agree. The ones in my mind were small hard candy sweets in a cardboard box, half melon half another flavour.

As with the previous sample it was very easy to lather and I only used a small amount this time to avoid too much lather being produced.

The lather is excellent and slick, I even nearly dropped my brush when applying for the second pass as some lather had got on the handle!

Previous comments indicate a lack of residual slickness when compared to other soaps. After the pass I kind of agree, but there's slickness when rinsing between passes that you can feel on the fingers after the addition of more water.

I purposely didn't apply any post shave and can report the soap leaves a good post shave feel. No irritation from the soap/scent here thankfully.

My only suggestion would be that the scent could potentially be ramped up a notch to be more noticeable during the shave, although I found it more noticeable than the previous Issey Miyake inspired scent.

As it is now the scent is very nice, slightly different to the normal soap scents and increasing the strength may not fit in with your idea that this soap is less scented.

To finish, would I buy this soap now? Yes

Well done again Darron @Fox

D

Deleted member 30

Thank you Wayne, the reflection in the mirror tells me the back of the brush could of done with a bit of lather. Sush! Don't tell anyone. :giggle:

There are a couple of small tweaks in the next round, just to try and incorporate some of the other feedback given. I'm enjoying what I am reading so far. Thank you everyone for taking the time to do this. There are some who are late to get this round but will likely get the two together as I became distracted with making the second test batch of Melon. Happy Shaving! :)

Wayne

Forum Sod
Thank you Wayne, the reflection in the mirror tells me the back of the brush could of done with a bit of lather. Sush! Don't tell anyone. :giggle:

There are a couple of small tweaks in the next round, just to try and incorporate some of the other feedback given. I'm enjoying what I am reading so far. Thank you everyone for taking the time to do this. There are some who are late to get this round but will likely get the two together as I became distracted with making the second test batch of Melon. Happy Shaving! :)
Very similar to the reflection of my bonce in the mirror which could do with a bit more barnet Darron :laugh:

D

Deleted member 30

Doorstep bare. :unsure::cry: Well I did PM late. Felling very un'melon'coly. :wink:
For some reason I have you on the tallow testers list but not the Super Smooth V2. Just been added and the sample will go out shortly.

@Electrif @Miles853 @halvor @Purbeck @Holyzeus Melon still to come and will get theirs with next round included, which will be the Toasted Coconut.

@Str8_Shaver down for an Unscented only.

Very similar to the reflection of my bonce in the mirror which could do with a bit more barnet Darron :laugh:
Always best to never have two mirrors in the same room as each other or wear head phones when doing a video podcast or you may have one of these moments.

Be warned the video contains swearing!

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Second go with the SS v2.
I think I got a little more slickness tonight, not that it needed it! However, it was at the expense of a little protection. Felt quite raw after a 2 passer with the 1912.
I can see this being my new travel soap, subject to a scent that I like - as much as I love Issey, I don't like this SS scent, it smells "metallic" to me!

D

Deleted member 30

Toasted Coconut :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:
Yes I'm very excited about this one as it is the formula I was given by Travis over at Grandstaff. I have soft spot for it though I have never been able to get it to play nice in a soap before. The Melon had the same problems but has proven to be very stable in the new Super Smooth, so lets see how it does. Very excited as this may become a replacement for my current favorite Classic 24, could I be weaned off of this I ask myself?