Wickhams - newspaper article

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
The thing that never fails to intrigue me are the makers of superb shaving soaps, such as Wickham and, as I recall, OSP, who sport beards. The same applies to a couple of excellent brush makers, and I expect some razor people likewise.

Fox

Wickham Soap Co.
The thing that never fails to intrigue me are the makers of superb shaving soaps, such as Wickham and, as I recall, OSP, who sport beards. The same applies to a couple of excellent brush makers, and I expect some razor people likewise.
Photoshopped! It's really the beard belonging to a Bornean bearded pig below. :giggle:

pig.jpg

It's a recent thing since the beginning of the year. An accident left me with a few problems and a lack of enthusiasm to shave. Your correct though, it seems like a contradiction. I don't think it's a permanent thing and will probably shave it off in the new year.

Wickhams has received a lot of local attention lately and I'm due to be on BBC radio Solent in a couple of weeks time. 11th December, for anyone wanting to tune in. Wickhams has been featured on cable TV also, Hampshire now I think they're called.

In between making soap and fulfilling orders I've been super busy out and about networking and spreading the good word about wet shaving and Wickhams. There's no stopping me now I've cleared the nasty and pointless psoriasis from my face.

Another seemingly contradictive thing. People who claim they had bad skin that led them to making a skin product. But the photos of them tell a different story, smooth skin and a youthful complexion. We've all seen and read them claims before. For anyone wondering what I looked like when I had psoriasis. The photos below are of me this year before the summer then again towards the end of the summer. I kind of found a cure, I say cure loosely as I'm still battling with psoriasis though it appears to be a more even battle. I've been suffering with it for 10 years after it started one day out of the blue and for no real reason.

67690084_10157613635519180_3854949910864461824_n.jpg

Last edited:

TheChrisC

Über Member
Photoshopped! It's really the beard belonging to a Bornean bearded pig below. :giggle:

View attachment 58981

It's a recent thing since the beginning of the year. An accident left me with a few problems and a lack of enthusiasm to shave. Your correct though, it seems like a contradiction. I don't think it's a permanent thing and will probably shave it off in the new year.

Wickhams has received a lot of local attention lately and I'm due to be on BBC radio Solent in a couple of weeks time. 11th December, for anyone wanting to tune in. Wickhams has been featured on cable TV also, Hampshire now I think they're called.

In between making soap and fulfilling orders I've been super busy out and about networking and spreading the good word about wet shaving and Wickhams. There's no stopping me now I've cleared the nasty and pointless psoriasis from my face.

Another seemingly contradictive thing. People who claim they had bad skin that led them to making a skin product. But the photos of them tell a different story, smooth skin and a youthful complexion. We've all seen and read them claims before. For anyone wondering what I looked like when I had psoriasis. The photos below are of me this year before the summer then again towards the end of the summer. I kind of found a cure, I say cure loosely as I'm still battling with psoriasis though it appears to be a more even battle. I've been suffering with it for 10 years after it started one day out of the blue and for no real reason.

View attachment 58980
You deserve all of that great attention mate. I can't believe how good your face looks too, that's a major improvement!

Boycie83

Veteran

View attachment 58981

View attachment 58980
Glad to hear things are working out for you Darron and I hope things continue on the up in 2020 as well 👍

Fox

Wickham Soap Co.
Well done, well deserved, and good on you, Darron!

Do tell, please, what was the cure found?

Glad to hear things are working out for you Darron and I hope things continue on the up in 2020 as well 👍

Thank you gents. 😃👍

The cure is self medicating with 750mg Ursodeoxycholc acid daily. Ursodeoxycholc acid is one of the secondary bile acids, which are produced by intestinal bacteria.

I don’t recommend anyone else try this. I know the risks associated with taking Ursodeoxycholc acid and im prepared to take them.

I’ve also taken dehydrocholic acid with similar results. The only reason I stopped with this was the lack of availability.

I don’t know exactly why, but I believe I have somehow wiped out good bacteria in my gut that help to produce these necessary secondary bile acids. There maybe a link to taking amoxicillin back to back for a persistent sinus infection, but this is just speculation.

My reasoning for thinking it's a depletion of good gut bacteria is due to the development of food intolerances starting around the same time as the psoriasis peaked. I can no longer eat dairy products or anything with gluten in it.

Eating these foods triggers flare ups, (sores breaking out all over my body) bloating in the stomach and an all over body itch that is unbearable.

I once put myself in an ice cold shower to alleviate this itch, it had no effect apart from being cold. I then went the other way and jumped in to a boiling hot shower. My thinking was to try and shock myself into a shift of perception away from the itching. To give you an idea what the itching sensation is like. The blistering on my shoulders I suffered from the hot shower were more pleasant than the itch. I can only assume but the itch is like having fire ants climbing under the skin. It can drive a person wild and nearly did at times.

Using myself as a guinea pig I’ve tried many things over the years, and the most noticeable in reducing the symptoms of psoriasis. Removing gluten, refined sugar and both animal and vegetable fats/oils from the diet. The other was taking vitamin c supplements 1000mg before bed each night.

I'm now doing all of these, strict diet and vitamin C supplementation with the Ursodeoxycholc acid.

I'm determined to kick this bitch called psoriasis in the arse! :boxing:

Seamus1981

Forum GOD!
I love your products darron, i have about 5 or 6 sets, and some of your aftershaves and 2 of the old super smooth formula, my Mrs battles psoriasis daily, and i've managed to get her to drink diluted apple cider vinegar in the morning for the past few months, this a long with Mitchells M lotion seems to have majorly helped, have you ever used apple cider vinegar? It promotes good gut health as well, my mother suffers from ibs, and she swears down dead that apple cider vinegar has cured it.

Reactions: Fox