Completed Wickham Soap Co LE Dark Edition Group Buy

D

Deleted member 30

Travel soap to be included in a complimentary goodie bag for stays in hotels or on airlines? :unsure::confused:
And we have a winner! You guys are sampling the very first Artisan light weight travel shave soap. The plan is to do them in 20g sachets enough for 7 days, though as with everything I do I over estimate the amount needed. They will be available in matching pairs with a 7 day travel balm. It will also come in a container form but I wanted to produce something that would answer as requested, "please can we have a travel shave soap?" To me the reduced and bare essential packaging should go down well. A little feedback on this may be good, so what do you guys think? Take into consideration that the amount testers received was about 1/5th of the proposed amount.

Well done @Shaverrific666 I will make a note so I don't forget that you will receive the very first Super Smooth V2. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 30

Is it a pre shave, shave soap, shave cream, post shave, toothpaste, shampoo and mouthwash all in one? :hyper:
Mouthwash! Brother this is where your shaving routine is questionable. I bet you have nice breath though. LOL

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I knew I'd smelt something similar, Great scent.

I thought the packaging of the sample suggested travel, but didn't remotely think that would be the target.

A thought on that packaging, would the cream not dry up if the package is opened and the aim is to use the cream out of it for 7 days? Might still be useable but would be worth checking out. The sample would have easily done 2 shaves for me but I just chucked it all in... then it swallowed the bathroom in lather...

I'd certainly look at trying the cream in a regular small container. The TOBS travel size (75g?) is a nice size.

And we have a winner! You guys are sampling the very first Artisan light weight travel shave soap. The plan is to do them in 20g sachets enough for 7 days, though as with everything I do I over estimate the amount needed. They will be available in matching pairs with a 7 day travel balm. It will also come in a container form but I wanted to produce something that would answer as requested, "please can we have a travel shave soap?" To me the reduced and bare essential packaging should go down well. A little feedback on this may be good, so what do you guys think? Take into consideration that the amount testers received was about 1/5th of the proposed amount.

Well done @Shaverrific666 I will make a note so I don't forget that you will receive the very first Super Smooth V2. :)
:woot::dance: Fantastic, thank you Darron!! Total guess but as you know I travel a lot for work so maybe that's why I guessed. Seen similar things available but nowhere near as good as that stuff!

D

Deleted member 30

I knew I'd smelt something similar, Great scent.

A thought on that packaging, would the cream not dry up if the package is opened and the aim is to use the cream out of it for 7 days?
No I have formulated it to not dry out, it can stay like this in an opened state for a couple months.

:woot::dance: Fantastic, thank you Darron!! Total guess but as you know I travel a lot for work so maybe that's why I guessed. Seen similar things available but nowhere near as good as that stuff!
I did do some searching around and only found sample sachets but not big enough to be called travel sachets. But then I no longer travel as much these days. Well done again for getting the right answer. :)

EDIT made: Unopened to opened. I must stop multi tasking I fail at it every time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No I have formulated it to not dry out, it can stay like this in an opened state for a couple months.

I did do some searching around and only found sample sachets but not big enough to be called travel sachets. But then I no longer travel as much these days. Well done again for getting the right answer. :)

EDIT made: Unopened to opened. I must stop multi tasking I fail at it every time. :)
:notworthy: Thanks again Darron!

Lann

Forum GOD!
Okay just had a shave with the sample Darron sent me. Just a few bits and pieces to help put my thoughts into context. As I mentioned above, I used a pea sized amount of product which produced the lather in my Steve Woodhead bowl in no time at all. I live in a soft water area just outside Belfast and used shaving equipment that I use every shave. A Timeless .68 with scalloped cap and baseplate, a new Voshkod blade and my badger brush which I received from @Wayne.
The reason I used so little of the product was because of posts above stating that too much was used. I soaked the brush and gave it three shakes to remove any excess water, preferring to add water as I went. I wanted to see how much water it could take and I gave it a lot which it took but it did make it very very slick but also thinner than my usual preference if you take into account how little I used That said, it did give protection and I had no cuts or weapers.
I had a three pass shave, one pass more than usual, with the first pass consisting of lather from the bowl and two face latherings. I did need to really work to build a lather on the third pass but again given how little product I used not surprising.
Scent wise I liked it but would have liked it to perhaps be a tad stronger but that is an individual preference. Post shave no products used and my face feels great as to be expected from Darron's soaps.
I intend to use more product in a couple of days but will again give my thoughts.
Thanks again for the opportunity - Paul