Completed Wickham Soap Co LE Dark Edition Group Buy

jeepie

Forum GOD!
Tried this this morning. A wonderful scent. My olfactory description not up to it as usual, but top marks for coda competition [emoji106] Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fox

Lann

Forum GOD!
Having used a miserly amount of the sample and then pushing it as far as I could with my last shave, this time around was much more about working within my normal shaving parameters and enjoying the shave the sample provided.
I used much more of the cream this time around but other than that the rest of the shaving gear remained the same. Once again the cream produced a lather in no time at all and very quickly was whipped into the thick, creamy consistency I like for my shaves. I had enough for another 3 pass shave and then some! The soap continued to give both great glide and protection even though I used less water this time around.
What I did notice that was different from my first use was that the scent was much more pronounced than last time, obviously, me using more cream increased the scent. When I say pronounced, It is by no means overpowering, but it raised enough to be subtlety noticeable if that makes sense.
Someone mentioned above that it reminded them of the smell of fresh linen and I would agree that there is a cleanness and freshness to the scent which will be ideal when travelling - especially if accompanied by a matching balm that will pronounce the scent even further IMO.

This is a great cream which, I for one would be happy to use either when travelling or if I am a bit stuck for time and need to whip up an amazing lather quickly. The good thing is I think I still have enough for one final shave!!
Paul

ManicDee

Inside a Big Dark Empty
Well it's 16.57 and the "Shangri La" balm arrived 4 mins ago and I feel like :cry:.
With a big capital "P" Phew, this stuff stinks! It reminds me of melted burnt plastic smell.
If this is what the "Garden of Eden or Paradise" smells of, then I'm on the highway to Hell :devil:.
Well there's always got to be a first you don't like and sadly this is my 1st with Wickham's.

Grishnak

Guru
Well it's 16.57 and the "Shangri La" balm arrived 4 mins ago and I feel like :cry:.
With a big capital "P" Phew, this stuff stinks! It reminds me of melted burnt plastic smell.
If this is what the "Garden of Eden or Paradise" smells of, then I'm on the highway to Hell :devil:.
Well there's always got to be a first you don't like and sadly this is my 1st with Wickham's.
I’m sad to say that I am with you.
Meaning no offence, it reminds me of talc, a perfume my Nan used to wear, and “Refreshers” sweets.
I can’t pick out the Sandlewood and Cedarwood base notes, which is what inspired me to jump in for all three (soap, shave soap and balm). Lathers beautifully, very rich and slick, but the fragrance is feminine to my nose.

I must work out what I like to enable more accurate purchases in the future.
I think I am musk, even fruit, but nothing even slightly floral.

Ian.mal

Legendary Member
Can not wait to receive my orders the only thing is I forgot about the discount code on 2 of the orders but a ho *&#* happens

Fox

Wickham Soap Co.
I’m sad to say that I am with you.
Meaning no offence, it reminds me of talc, a perfume my Nan used to wear, and “Refreshers” sweets.
I can’t pick out the Sandlewood and Cedarwood base notes, which is what inspired me to jump in for all three (soap, shave soap and balm). Lathers beautifully, very rich and slick, but the fragrance is feminine to my nose.

I must work out what I like to enable more accurate purchases in the future.
I think I am musk, even fruit, but nothing even slightly floral.

I am sorry that you both feel like this. I had no reason to feel that there would be such a strong divide. However I am not happy that you both feel this way as my objective with Wickham Soap Co.is to provide products that make people happy to use. So with that in mind I am going to ask both of you to PM what fragrance you would like as a replacement balm and soap from my website and I will get this out to you.

Again I am sorry and can assure you both that I have taken onboard all the feedback both good and negative and the next LE Dark Edition Group Buy will be more manly and dark. Unisex fragrances as I am finding out are loved by some but very much hated by others. My apologies gents! :)

Holyzeus

TSR reject
I am sorry that you both feel like this. I had no reason to feel that there would be such a strong divide. However I am not happy that you both feel this way as my objective with Wickham Soap Co.is to provide products that make people happy to use. So with that in mind I am going to ask both of you to PM what fragrance you would like as a replacement balm and soap from my website and I will get this out to you.

Again I am sorry and can assure you both that I have taken onboard all the feedback both good and negative and the next LE Dark Edition Group Buy will be more manly and dark. Unisex fragrances as I am finding out are loved by some but very much hated by others. My apologies gents! :)
Now this is customer service