Why do Americans feel the need to get in first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodgy vu

Forum GOD!
Not to mention chicken fried steak, and grits with gravy.:):sick:
You are correct. Some good eatins from many Hillbilly states. Hah, almost as tasty as Limey mushy peas. Speaking of fine Limey cuisine, there's a video by Bob Odenkirk touting Geebles Wet Pea Comestibles that is pretty darn funny.

Last edited:

vtmax

Forum GOD!
Yes, but QEII is also the Queen and Head of State of Australia as well as Canada, New Zealand and 13 other sovereign states.
In name yes.

Just back from New Zealand and last months Royal visit to NZ went virtually unnoticed. Not the same draw as in decades past.

Xring3

Forum GOD!
52E1C949-30D7-496D-95B0-F4A406AAE9C3.jpeg
B78356F2-373D-40BC-9390-AD6C51F79DED.jpeg
referring to the start of this thread reminded me of a correspondence I had a few years ago. This is a reason I don’t contribute to the SOTD forum. I have collected vintage firearms as I had participated in target shooting. When surfing the internet I came across a person from Switzerland. Since I had an old Schmidt Rubin 1896/11 (top photo) I asked if perhaps he had a line on a spare magazine to fit it as it was made in Switzerland. He replied that he couldn’t help me in that regard but, he did have an Stg. 57 (bottom photo) leaning up against his computer as he was answering me. I always thought this was his way of saying.....my dick is bigger than your dick. I’m pretty sure everyone else’s shaving gear and photos are better than mine. Delete if inappropriate.

Xring3

Forum GOD!
You are correct. Some good eatins from many Hillbilly states. Hah, almost as tasty as Limey mushy peas. Speaking of fine Limey cuisine, there's a video by Bob Odenkirk touting Geebles Wet Pea Comestibles that is pretty darn funny.
Keep in mind the term Hillbilly has its entomology with those people from England, Scotland and Northern Ireland that settled in the Appalachian area in the 1700 and 1800’s.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I lived and worked in Houston, Texas for 10 years and quickly acquired a taste for Texas BBQ and chilli (BTW, there are no beans in Texas chill) and I really miss it today. As for British cuisine, I do like faggots and peas, bubble and squeak, steak and kidney pudding, toad in the hole, Welsh rarebit, spotted dick, sherry trifle, haggis, scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam to neme a few delectable dishes.

p.b

Forum GOD!
View attachment 60773View attachment 60774

referring to the start of this thread reminded me of a correspondence I had a few years ago. This is a reason I don’t contribute to the SOTD forum. I have collected vintage firearms as I had participated in target shooting. When surfing the internet I came across a person from Switzerland. Since I had an old Schmidt Rubin 1896/11 (top photo) I asked if perhaps he had a line on a spare magazine to fit it as it was made in Switzerland. He replied that he couldn’t help me in that regard but, he did have an Stg. 57 (bottom photo) leaning up against his computer as he was answering me. I always thought this was his way of saying.....my dick is bigger than your dick. I’m pretty sure everyone else’s shaving gear and photos are better than mine. Delete if inappropriate.
best answer to a thread for a long, long time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.