Why can't I stop spending

D

Deleted member 1881

Nothing wrong with your post my friend, we've all enjoyed buying stuff that we like, and then scratched our heads and wondered what to do with all the freakin' stuff. Everyone here can relate, therefore it's a great subject for discussion for a forum. I was just yankin' yer chain,... again. :D :cheers:
I second that. Yesterday I thought I needed an extra empty box to stock soaps that start walking all over the house.

dc68

-------------
I have bought six ties during lockdown, I have not worn any of them. I will do one day, my wife has shoes she has never worn but proclaims "they are beautiful objects."

Wayne

Forum Sod
Because new stuff, especially soaps are released at an alarming rate these days I often just get the urge to just chuck what I have and start again with new exciting stuff on the shelf. It keeps the interest going.
Yeah I know it's wrong and wasteful but I cannot see another way around it sometimes.

D

Deleted member 1881

Because new stuff, especially soaps are released at an alarming rate these days I often just get the urge to just chuck what I have and start again with new exciting stuff on the shelf. It keeps the interest going.
Yeah I know it's wrong and wasteful but I cannot see another way around it sometimes.
Maybe it's the fancy label or what??

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
Well, on the bright side, if you couldn't afford it, you probably wouldn't be acting on these temptations. First world problems are not the worst to have. No harm done to anyone else. Keep enjoying life within your means!

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I used to have disposable income.

I hit thirty and found myself with a wife, young family, hefty mortgage in the M3/4 corridor, and therefore financial burdens responsibilities. Now I’m looking at some of my cherished shaving stuff and wondering whether selling a few pieces would cover the wife’s car’s MOT and interim service...

You’re the other side of that and so, once again, you’ve got money to burn! Don’t feel guilty - enjoy it and be glad that your kicks come from posh soap and not metal detecting or dogging.

Randomangle

Über Bum
Metal detecting is a strong hobby! I'm sure there must be forums for this fine pursuit where members discuss their gear and suggest purchases. Probably the average person wouldn't consider there to be much difference between our shaving interest and said treasure hunters. :D