Wholly Kaw soap base reformulation "Siero" .

p.b

Forum GOD!
P.S. it sounds amazing but $30 for a soap that won't last a whole month is pushing it too much. CRSW has just released a Vegan soap for $11 - I hope that is the start of a back-lash on expensive / quickly used soaps.

D

Deleted member 1881

I agree, no need to pay 30$, the unscented is just fine, even on the expensive side.

But I would pay 25$ again for this unscented beast. Damn me, I don't believe I'm telling this.

CobraX

Forum GOD!
I agree, no need to pay 30$, the unscented is just fine, even on the expensive side.

But I would pay 25$ again for this unscented beast. Damn me, I don't believe I'm telling this.
I wouldn't, it smells bad. I've let a few other people smell my Bare Siero and they all instantly said "that stinks". I'd rather pay $30 if I could find a scent I'd like, but that has been mission impossible so far for me with WK.

Also because Siero is so expensive I won't be owning many tubs. With BaM or A&E I have no problem with buying like 5-8 different scents because it's a lot cheaper (minus a few exceptions here and there). I still think Siero is not worth the extra money. It does not perform any better than my other elite soaps, yet it costs a lot more.

From what I've read so far I'm almost certain Zingari Man Sego is going to beat it. I've read that Zingari Man Sego also creates a dense lather and Heather has an actual background in skincare I believe.

Reactions: p.b

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
I wouldn't, it smells bad. I've let a few other people smell my Bare Siero and they all instantly said "that stinks". I'd rather pay $30 if I could find a scent I'd like, but that has been mission impossible so far for me with WK.

Also because Siero is so expensive I won't be owning many tubs. With BaM or A&E I have no problem with buying like 5-8 different scents because it's a lot cheaper (minus a few exceptions here and there). I still think Siero is not worth the extra money. It does not perform any better than my other elite soaps, yet it costs a lot more.

From what I've read so far I'm almost certain Zingari Man Sego is going to beat it. I've read that Zingari Man Sego also creates a dense lather and Heather has an actual background in skincare I believe.
Sri from WK does as well to be fair, but I do think Zingari Sego is almost as good at a cheaper price point.

D

Deleted member 1881

So Zingari is better than A&E? Based on the ingredients I doubt.

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Sri from WK does as well to be fair, but I do think Zingari Sego is almost as good at a cheaper price point.
I have never seen any proof or read that Sri actually has a background in skincare and with background I mean studies and certificates, not just research on the internet. Heather for example says this on her "About Us" page:
"Heather is a Certified Cosmetic Formulator through the hand-crafted Soap and Cosmetic Guild as well."
And I also found this in her AMA:
"I have a laboratory science background and the chemistry behind it has stolen my heart."
While Sri actually said this in his AMA:
"I am not a scientist but people who know what they are talking about tell me some of the skincare properties stems from higher levels of linolenic, linoleic and Vitamin C content in Donkey Milk."

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
I have never seen any proof or read that Sri actually has a background in skincare and with background I mean studies and certificates, not just research on the internet. Heather for example says this on her "About Us" page:

Hmm, yeah I guess that’s true. I could’ve sworn I heard he was once a chemist but I’m obviously wrong on that. All this being said, how many soap makers actually are related to the field in some way? I bet it’s a narrow selection at best.

D

Deleted member 1881

So the question here would be, why queen of wet shaving Heather doesn't use any Donkey Milk to her fantastic list to enhance the performance of her soaps? The price is 21$, no worries for Cobra and Chris, if the price was 23$ let's say?

And now what? I must hunt the Sego as well??

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
So the question here would be, why queen of wet shaving Heather doesn't use any Donkey Milk to her fantastic list to enhance the performance of her soaps? The price is 21$, no worries for Cobra and Chris, if the price was 23$ let's say?

Probably because the donkey milk would increase the price of her soaps, and there’s no need as the performance is as good as anything at the top.

Up to you if you want to hunt Sego. Life isn’t fun chasing all the hyped bases.

CobraX

Forum GOD!

I don't know why she doesn't use it. Maybe she'll add that in the future who knows or maybe she thinks other ingredients are better. I can't read her mind. Also note though that Zingari Man tubs are 5 oz of soap instead of the default 4, so that would translate to $16.8 for 4 oz of soap. $16.8 vs $30, you do the math. 😜

D

Deleted member 1881

Probably because the donkey milk would increase the price of her soaps, and there’s no need as the performance is as good as anything at the top.

Up to you if you want to hunt Sego. Life isn’t fun chasing all the hyped bases.
But Sego is now a hype, simply by the fact that is compared with Wholly Canolly.

And Randy is the worst victim of hype. He is afraid of NOT buying something by the fear of missing out.