Who wants a bit of Chub for Christmas?

vlasta

Cow Punch
Vendor
OK I made a new handle. Same dimensions as a Simpsons Chubby but super grippy. I made a teeny error on the machining as you can see the knurling on the radius does not go quite as far as I would have liked - the radius dropped off a little too sharply. it looks like a tool mark - it isn't. I intended it to be this way.

The brush has the same dimensions as the Simpsons Chubby 3 - 50mm tall x 40mm wide. 30mm knot hole. It is made of machined aluminium and is anodised silver or matte black. The knurling is what makes it different. This of you who own a Chubby from Mr. Simpson will now it is a slippery bugger at times - in fact all the time. Soooo, if you want a manly, chunky, chubby brush and also want to be able to keep it in your soapy hands when you are shaving AND it won;t break the bank, then this is for you. Because I want to clear them and move onto design V2 then I am pricing accordingly:

1. Bare handle $39.97
  2. Synth option - I swear this is a ShaveMac synth knot - indistinguishable. Some photos below show my knot and a Shavemac knot side by side - $54.97
  3. Silver tip badger option - $89.97

By now you get the drift. By now you should be craving some chub!! Buy now for a great bargain and a superb brush. Photos below - one is my design drawing showing the machining I intended. First come first served and limited numbers. I intend to ship out in time for Christmas.

Perfect for those who also might have trouble gripping a slimmer brush. In house Alpha designed chubbliness!!

1574742123150.png

Attachments

Last edited:

wintoid

Out of control
I love it, but I'm a bit Yaqi-ed out after 11/11. I'll support from the sidelines this time.

vlasta

Cow Punch
Vendor
I had a family bereavement - kind of slowed to a halt. Sorry guys might have to wait...

vlasta

Cow Punch
Vendor
What size synth knot you put inside, 28mm or 30mm? At what loft?
The handle will take a 30mm knot but it might need a tiny bit of sanding. The knot hole is 30mm wide. I can fill the handle to any depth you require for your knot.

owlman

Forum GOD!
Got my Chubby, and used it for the first time today. The handle is indeed very grippy, there's absolutely nothing slippery about it and it can be held comfortably in several different positions. It's a bit lighter than I expected with 122 grams; for comparison, the Mühle Rocca brush clocks in at 150 grams. My expectation was probably based mostly on looks, though, and there's not doubt it's a solid piece of work. The silvertip knot is very enjoyable; it's very soft and noticeably less dense than the Simpson Chubby 2 in Best with consequently less backbone (but still above Kent territory), which suits me just fine as I'm not a face latherer but rather prefer to build my lather in a bowl and paint it on. The brush wants to caress my face, not give me a massage. This chubby fella is a big softie! 😁

In short, I have nothing to complain and much to enjoy. 😀

Here's a quick group picture with the rest of my Alpha family:

Left to right: Outlaw (28/54), Chubby (28/53), T-400 (24/52), extra T-400 ferrule with long boar knot (24/70).

vlasta

Cow Punch
Vendor
Got my Chubby, and used it for the first time today. The handle is indeed very grippy, there's absolutely nothing slippery about it and it can be held comfortably in several different positions. It's a bit lighter than I expected with 122 grams; for comparison, the Mühle Rocca brush clocks in at 150 grams. My expectation was probably based mostly on looks, though, and there's not doubt it's a solid piece of work. The silvertip knot is very enjoyable; it's very soft and noticeably less dense than the Simpson Chubby 2 in Best with consequently less backbone (but still above Kent territory), which suits me just fine as I'm not a face latherer but rather prefer to build my lather in a bowl and paint it on. The brush wants to caress my face, not give me a massage. This chubby fella is a big softie! 😁

In short, I have nothing to complain and much to enjoy. 😀

Here's a quick group picture with the rest of my Alpha family:

Left to right: Outlaw (28/54), Chubby (28/53), T-400 (24/52), extra T-400 ferrule with long boar knot (24/70).
A lovely quartet.