Who else plays??

bchaffin72

The wizard next door
Just curious, mostly.:)

I play guitar and bass. I've started picking up a bit on keyboard and harmonica. I'm pretty much a home player these day, just doing it for my own satisfaction.

Back in my late teens and early twenties, I did knock around in the local band scene for a bit, played at some house parties, etc...........

I've got a Telecaster, a Stratocaster, an SG, a Jazz bass and a Precision bass, a small MIDI keyboard.

And some recording equipment.

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I play the drums. Played off and on since I was 13. I'm 58 now. I've just been trying to figure out the drum parts for Stairway to Heaven to play with my band. I never really figured it out and was always winging it. Badly. Now I'm looking to do it right. Or at least closer to right. Some great fills and a great groove on that tune. It may be over played but if you sit down to analyze it there's some great drumming on that tune. Love Bonham.

bchaffin72

The wizard next door
As much as I do love to listen to them, I've never played much Zeppelin. I knew the main guitar riff for Whole Lotta Love and most of the bass line for Ramble On and that's about it.

Back in the day, we did a lot of Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, early Metallica, and a couple Pink Floyd songs.

Currently I've been using the Jazz bass to work on YYZ by Rush. With plenty of hand rest in between.......................:D

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
As much as I do love to listen to them, I've never played much Zeppelin. I knew the main guitar riff for Whole Lotta Love and most of the bass line for Ramble On and that's about it.

Back in the day, we did a lot of Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, early Metallica, and a couple Pink Floyd songs.

Currently I've been using the Jazz bass to work on YYZ by Rush. With plenty of hand rest in between.......................:D
I've come to realize that my skill level at the present time lends itself to classic rock and the blues. Some R&B as well. Maybe a little funk thrown in. I mostly listen to jazz and fusion but actually playing that stuff is beyond me.

Francorelli

Forum fella
I've been obsessed with music since the age of 11, but didn't start playing guitar until I was 17. That was 1986. I turn 52 next month and despite several lengthy periods where I barely picked up the guitar, I still play. In fact I've been playing a lot more over the last few months.

My first electric guitar was an '80s Squier Strat (made in Japan, which meant it was great quality even though none of us really appreciated that back then). Early influences were classic rock, punk and metal. Then after a few years, I discarded any indulgent and misguided attempts at virtuosity, and drew more from the sounds of alt-rock and funk. I played in several bands and did a lot of gigs (pubs, clubs and house parties) until the mid '90s. Since then, it's been mostly home playing.

I've owned countless different guitars over the years but rediscovered Strats in 2006 and have consistently returned to them since then. That said, I've been playing around with surf-style sounds recently and now really want to get my hands on a Jaguar.

It's been a fascinating and constantly evolving journey.

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
I've been a professional musician most of my life - trained at Royal Academy in London where Simon Rattle and Annie Lennox (flute) were classmates or in same orchestra. Played jazz bass and keyboards and did songwriting and arranging. Then became a performance psychologist working with musicians for 30 years. It's all been wonderful. I love musicians, which is probably just as well since my life has been almost totally about musicians. Great to hear from fellow musicians on the forum.

Kevy

Forum GOD!
I play guitar and sing. I used to be in bands a few years back - mostly playing Blues stuff. I was the frontman for most of them and used to organise little mini tours around the UK around time off work. Played most of the big Blues festivals in the UK.

Still enjoy playing at home. I've had loads of gear over the years but now only have a few guitars and 1 amp and a few pedals. Playing live was great.

Redstate Blues

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
About all I can do is play the fool. I’ve tried violin, flute, clarinet, harmonica and guitar, but to no avail. I would like to learn the bagpipes, but my Sassenach wife would probably chuck me out. I’m serious, but she just doesn’t understand. My Sassenach mother was the same with my father, a Scot, so he took up the accordion instead…:roflmao:

Rasorium

Legendary Member
I play the drums. Played off and on since I was 13. I'm 58 now. I've just been trying to figure out the drum parts for Stairway to Heaven to play with my band. I never really figured it out and was always winging it. Badly. Now I'm looking to do it right. Or at least closer to right. Some great fills and a great groove on that tune. It may be over played but if you sit down to analyze it there's some great drumming on that tune. Love Bonham.
I also play drums (badly) and Bonham is a God!

BakerMan

Another drummer here. You can tell because when the stage is level, I dribble out of both sides of my mouth.
Also dabble in a bit of upside down guitar. I'm a lefty and couldn't be arsed to change the string round when my Dad gave me his old guitar.