Whisky, whiskey, scotch, bourbon, rye .. anything grain mash

SammieM

Forum GOD!
I like both, but Woodford Reserve is the one I prefer. I have been meaning to try Four Roses small batch. It has great reviews...
Also Buffalo Trace
@Stonec0ld @Burgundy
- Woodford Reserve is a great "stepping stone" from Scotch to sweeter (corn based) Bourbon. Some "smoke" for the transition.
- Buffalo Trace could be the best bargain in bourbon.
- Larceny could be the best bargain in "wheated" bourbons. Pappy Van Winkle is also a "wheated" bourbon if that helps.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t stand up to something like Yellow Spot or Redbreast Cask Strength. Let’s be honest - it’s house Jameson steeped in some gimmickry. But here the gimmick works for me!
And it's even better when the stuff that tastes nice to you is cheaper!!! I'm pleased that I often prefer the standard 10/12 year old to older malts. Saves soooo much money

halvor

a most elusive fish
@Stonec0ld @Burgundy
- Woodford Reserve is a great "stepping stone" from Scotch to sweeter (corn based) Bourbon. Some "smoke" for the transition.
- Buffalo Trace could be the best bargain in bourbon.
- Larceny could be the best bargain in "wheated" bourbons. Pappy Van Winkle is also a "wheated" bourbon if that helps.
I’m looking at getting a Rye. Only ever had a full bottle of Bulleit’s. Now considering Michter’s. But it’s a step up in price from aforementioned and the ones you list. Tried it, worth it?

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
I’m looking at getting a Rye. Only ever had a full bottle of Bulleit’s. Now considering Michter’s. But it’s a step up in price from aforementioned and the ones you list. Tried it, worth it?
I have always wanted to get bottle of Michter's - high on my list. Definitely worth considering. Bulleit's is good, Michter's should be a big step-up.

Woodford Reserve makes some reasonably priced and available whisky (including a Rye). Local store just received Whistle Pig - ordering tomorrow. High West another good Rye whisky. Templeton Rye was good from my recollection (a few years ago).