Whisky, whiskey, scotch, bourbon, rye .. anything grain mash

SammieM

Veteran
I like both, but Woodford Reserve is the one I prefer. I have been meaning to try Four Roses small batch. It has great reviews...
Also Buffalo Trace
@Stonec0ld @Burgundy
- Woodford Reserve is a great "stepping stone" from Scotch to sweeter (corn based) Bourbon. Some "smoke" for the transition.
- Buffalo Trace could be the best bargain in bourbon.
- Larceny could be the best bargain in "wheated" bourbons. Pappy Van Winkle is also a "wheated" bourbon if that helps.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t stand up to something like Yellow Spot or Redbreast Cask Strength. Let’s be honest - it’s house Jameson steeped in some gimmickry. But here the gimmick works for me!
And it's even better when the stuff that tastes nice to you is cheaper!!! I'm pleased that I often prefer the standard 10/12 year old to older malts. Saves soooo much money

halvor

a most elusive fish
@Stonec0ld @Burgundy
- Woodford Reserve is a great "stepping stone" from Scotch to sweeter (corn based) Bourbon. Some "smoke" for the transition.
- Buffalo Trace could be the best bargain in bourbon.
- Larceny could be the best bargain in "wheated" bourbons. Pappy Van Winkle is also a "wheated" bourbon if that helps.
I’m looking at getting a Rye. Only ever had a full bottle of Bulleit’s. Now considering Michter’s. But it’s a step up in price from aforementioned and the ones you list. Tried it, worth it?

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
I’m looking at getting a Rye. Only ever had a full bottle of Bulleit’s. Now considering Michter’s. But it’s a step up in price from aforementioned and the ones you list. Tried it, worth it?
I have always wanted to get bottle of Michter's - high on my list. Definitely worth considering. Bulleit's is good, Michter's should be a big step-up.

Woodford Reserve makes some reasonably priced and available whisky (including a Rye). Local store just received Whistle Pig - ordering tomorrow. High West another good Rye whisky. Templeton Rye was good from my recollection (a few years ago).

Stonec0ld

Legendary Member
These just arrived today. Have to applaud Master of Malt, I ordered yesterday evening just before 6pm, free standard delivery (over £100 spent!), and it arrived just after 2pm today.

Screenshot_20200522-143317_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200522-143314_Gallery.jpg