Which deodorant stick?

halvor

a most elusive fish
It's the cold season, admittedly, but currently and for the last four weeks or so, my response to my own question in the OP is: nothing. I had a reaction either to a shower soap or a deodorant with an itchy rash a while back and the best solution thus far has been no deodorant or antiperspirant whatsoever!

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Optima Iceguard crystal deodorant

Optima Iceguard crystal deodorant is made from natural mineral salts and therefore does not contain any perfumes, chemicals or unnecessary additives. It eliminates odour by inhibiting bacteria and provides invisible protection all day long.

I bought mine in a local health store and have been using them for over 10 years.
It is for all purposes an alum stone. Salt of the Earth is also a good brand, Just wet it and apply. Sorted

p.b

Forum GOD!
Optima Iceguard crystal deodorant

Optima Iceguard crystal deodorant is made from natural mineral salts and therefore does not contain any perfumes, chemicals or unnecessary additives. It eliminates odour by inhibiting bacteria and provides invisible protection all day long.

I bought mine in a local health store and have been using them for over 10 years.
It is for all purposes an alum stone. Salt of the Earth is also a good brand, Just wet it and apply. Sorted
I used this over the entire summer and found it OK. But then during Autumn I found myself feeling less than fresh and smelling a little bit, and being fair skinned I'm not a heavy sweater. Subsequently I've gone back to Nivea and not had a problem with feeling or smelling less than fresh (as far as I can tell!!!)

D

Deleted member 1881

I used this over the entire summer and found it OK. But then during Autumn I found myself feeling less than fresh and smelling a little bit, and being fair skinned I'm not a heavy sweater. Subsequently I've gone back to Nivea and not had a problem with feeling or smelling less than fresh (as far as I can tell!!!)

That happened to me also.
Then I tried the Salt of the Earth. Better.. Much better..

Reactions: p.b

Dr Watson

James
Is there a correlation/connection between complexion and sweating? I wasn’t aware.
News to me also but come to think of it, I'm blonde/fair skinned and have never had a perspiration problem so maybe? To be honest I've always thought it was down to the individuals diet... There seems to be a direct correlation between takeaway dinners, beer consumption and B.O :unsure:

iamsms

Video Assistant Referee
My understanding is that fairer skin has fewer sweat pores. I need to check that...
Actually, east asians sweat less and don’t have strong body odor (in general), it is supposedly due to the lack of a gene called ABCC11 (check the wiki, some interesting stuff). So maybe you have some ‘chinese’ gene :)

https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-the-Chinese-have-body-odor

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-some-Asians-and-Koreans-dont-have-body-odor

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABCC11

now I am thinking, maybe this is why Chinese culture (even after being ancient), doesn’t have as much emphasis on perfumery - they simply didn’t need it.

Also, maybe Native Americans don’t sweat/smell much either as they share lots of genetic traits with East Asians.

Last edited: