Which deodorant stick?

halvor

a most elusive fish
I use a crystal deodorant stick after my showers just to keep things clean down there. But my go to stick is from MenScience, it's pretty expensive but it works and the stick lasts forever. I still have 1/4 of my first stick left and 2 backup sticks. The deodorant is odor less and it doesn't leave stains on shirt pits so if you have expensive dress shirts this is a stick to use.

I also have really sensitive under arms and this has been one of the few products that work for me.
Not sure if I posted back after the fact (I was the one to start the thread) but the MenScience stick is in fact the one I ended up with using for three-four sticks, but it’s expensive and doesn’t last long (stick itself, not on me), I found, and currently I’m alternating between a couple designer brand sticks, scented. I’ve never stuck with the salt crystal kind for long enough to get my body to adjust, which I’m told one needs to. Or did you by ‘down there’ mean your man sack and crack??

Kevy

Forum GOD!
+1. For the Tabac deodorant sticks. I use them and also rub the stick on my forearms and wrists. Scent lasts for hours and people always ask what the scent is.

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
I've been trying some artisan deodorants and their consistency doesn't impress me.
Van Yulay sticks are beeswax/corn-starch based so it makes the underarm hair very sticky (it works though).
Mystic Water deodorant is a paste which you apply with your fingers. It has an interesting medicinal scent underlying the main scent. Problem is you have to wash your hands thoroughly after use to get it off.
Tom's of Maine: VERY nice stick! (unscented)

Randomangle

Über Bum

Fragrance-free and cheap. I use the Nivea when I need the reassurance of an anti-perspirant. Otherwise, the alum on the left is for day-to-day use.
Where do you get your Native stick from? I have done a search and the closest I can find is on Amazon for £12. :ohmy:

p.b

Forum GOD!
I’ve a PitROK push up stick. Works ok once you get used to sweating but not smelling, but the push up bit is a PITA as it slides down with pressure. I’ll get a twist up one next time.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
This may be a stupid question but as I've only ever used anti perspirant spray for years I'm not sure.

How do these crystals work and what's their purpose?

As I understand it anti perspirant stops you sweating in the first place and deodorant is just a spray with fragrance to cover up any unwanted smells.

Apologies for the daft question

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
This may be a stupid question but as I've only ever used anti perspirant spray for years I'm not sure.

How do these crystals work and what's their purpose?

As I understand it anti perspirant stops you sweating in the first place and deodorant is just a spray with fragrance to cover up any unwanted smells.

Apologies for the daft question
You moisten the skin and rub the stick on which leaves an invisible antibacterial residue. Sweat itself doesn’t smell, it’s a bacterial reaction to it. The residual antibacterial on your skin kills bacteria, hence no reaction, hence no smell.

Antiperspirant works by clogging your pores. There are rumoured health risks to this but nothing conclusive, however I don’t like the idea of clogging up my skin and definitely didn’t like the effect it had on the armpits of my shirts.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
You moisten the skin and rub the stick on which leaves an invisible antibacterial residue. Sweat itself doesn’t smell, it’s a bacterial reaction to it. The residual antibacterial on your skin kills bacteria, hence no reaction, hence no smell.

Antiperspirant works by clogging your pores. There are rumoured health risks to this but nothing conclusive, however I don’t like the idea of clogging up my skin and definitely didn’t like the effect it had on the armpits of my shirts.
Thanks for that Chris. I mainly use anti perspirant to stop wet patches to be honest. I try to use the invisible types and find them better for not staining shirts as much.

halvor

a most elusive fish
I’ve tried a few stocks since starting the thread, but just wanted to share this one: whatever you do, leave TOBS Sandalwood deo stick alone. Smells like mosquito repellent :yuck: