Which deodorant stick?

Discussion in 'Grooming and Style' started by halvor, Sep 21, 2016.

1. ShaunWistow

ShaunWistow WAWAW

2. halvor

halvor a most elusive fish

Not sure if I posted back after the fact (I was the one to start the thread) but the MenScience stick is in fact the one I ended up with using for three-four sticks, but it’s expensive and doesn’t last long (stick itself, not on me), I found, and currently I’m alternating between a couple designer brand sticks, scented. I’ve never stuck with the salt crystal kind for long enough to get my body to adjust, which I’m told one needs to. Or did you by ‘down there’ mean your man sack and crack??

Randomangle likes this.
  3. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

I've just bought the Tabac stick and I'm impressed with it.

Randomangle likes this.
  4. Kevy

Kevy Forum GOD!

+1. For the Tabac deodorant sticks. I use them and also rub the stick on my forearms and wrists. Scent lasts for hours and people always ask what the scent is.

5. Jarvis

Jarvis Veteran

+2 in the Tabac deodorant. Great scent and last all day.

6. Mr_Smartepants

Mr_Smartepants Genius Member

I've been trying some artisan deodorants and their consistency doesn't impress me.
    Van Yulay sticks are beeswax/corn-starch based so it makes the underarm hair very sticky (it works though).
    Mystic Water deodorant is a paste which you apply with your fingers. It has an interesting medicinal scent underlying the main scent. Problem is you have to wash your hands thoroughly after use to get it off.
    Tom's of Maine: VERY nice stick! (unscented)

halvor likes this.
  7. Where do you get your Native stick from? I have done a search and the closest I can find is on Amazon for £12. :ohmy:

8. Burgundy

Burgundy Forum GOD!

Amazon. It cost me £6.75 in May last year. By the looks of it, I’ll get quite a few more years out of it...

@Randomangle

Randomangle likes this.
  9. I have a Salt of the Earth stick at the moment which has lasted a looooong time. Thanks!

10. chris.hale

chris.hale Forum GOD!

missingskin likes this.
  11. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

I’ve a PitROK push up stick. Works ok once you get used to sweating but not smelling, but the push up bit is a PITA as it slides down with pressure. I’ll get a twist up one next time.

12. DamianJ

DamianJ Forum GOD!

This may be a stupid question but as I've only ever used anti perspirant spray for years I'm not sure.

How do these crystals work and what's their purpose?

As I understand it anti perspirant stops you sweating in the first place and deodorant is just a spray with fragrance to cover up any unwanted smells.

Apologies for the daft question

13. chris.hale

chris.hale Forum GOD!

You moisten the skin and rub the stick on which leaves an invisible antibacterial residue. Sweat itself doesn’t smell, it’s a bacterial reaction to it. The residual antibacterial on your skin kills bacteria, hence no reaction, hence no smell.

Antiperspirant works by clogging your pores. There are rumoured health risks to this but nothing conclusive, however I don’t like the idea of clogging up my skin and definitely didn’t like the effect it had on the armpits of my shirts.

Batch300, p.b and DamianJ like this.
  14. DamianJ

DamianJ Forum GOD!

Thanks for that Chris. I mainly use anti perspirant to stop wet patches to be honest. I try to use the invisible types and find them better for not staining shirts as much.

chris.hale likes this.
  15. halvor

halvor a most elusive fish

I’ve tried a few stocks since starting the thread, but just wanted to share this one: whatever you do, leave TOBS Sandalwood deo stick alone. Smells like mosquito repellent :yuck:

missingskin and MrK1 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice