Which blade suprised you the most

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Two outliers which have impressed me recently:

BIC Chrome Platinum - Very similar to Kai imho i.e. very sharp and good for 5 shaves
Dorco Prime - slightly sharper than average, butter smooth and again good for 5 shaves

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Shark Super Stainless. Great blades.
My first bulk buy of blades, 300 for £15 from bestshave.net. Remember those guys and their horse hair brushes?
Their website is long gone, but they have an Aliexpress page

Hi mate,
It didn't sound like that, they was unsure if they would ever stock them again and on their website they have put a re stock date of 2050!!!
Anyway, I've found another stockist from Germany and I've ordered ten blades to test from a blade selection chap on eBay , the ones on eBay apear to have printing on the blade and the ones I've been getting from Germany are totally blank but should be the same blade.
They are not the cheapest of blades at £50 for 100 blades from Germany but I think they are worth the extra money spent.
ive got a couple of hundred in my stash so I won't be running out anytime soon ! :)
Still waiting on a bulk buy of blades ( Schick Proline P.30s ) to get here from Japan, I will have to chase them up soon and see what's happening! P.
Thanks for the info. Hope the new Souplex blades are the same as the ones you used before even if the printing is different.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Wizamet Iridium Super. They are fantastic blades, really sharp, up there with the Feather, but smoother and longer lasting in my opinion ( Not that it is worth anything ) A blade I'd never have tried due to the name. The name sounds like it is made in some dodgy factory somewhere in the depths of somewhere ending in Stan, probably is for all I know but I owe me finding them to @neko who included 50 in a recent purchase and I'm glad I decided to get them after initially refusing them.
Are the 'Wizzies' still made? I see some advertising as NOS?

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Are the 'Wizzies' still made? I see some advertising as NOS?
The most recent batch which seemed to hit retailers in Morocco and were authentic had printed dates until a few years ago, maybe 2017 or 2018? However, recently Gillette switched to having all their blades etched and there have been no etched PSI's/Wizzies it seems most likely these blades are no longer being made.

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Well I thought that I would give a Big Ben another chance in my Rockwell 2S using the R1 plate this time instead of the R3. Well, it was fine for the first shave but on the second, sadly, it returned to type and felt like a garden hoe as usual. So it was binned in favour of a Concord Platinum...

steve

pjgh

Forum GOD!
I bought a 1970s travel set which included an unused Ever Ready blade, that was the best shaving blade I have used. Very smooth and lasted twice as long as my more modern blades.
Was it an Ever-Ready Corrux? I've used a few of those and really enjoyed them.

Rasorium

Legendary Member
The blade that surprised me most was the Tiger Platinum. I was sent a free pack of these blades to try and actually had no intention of using them until I was running low on Feathers for my Masamune and out of the blue popped one in. Prior to this I had found Feathers to be perfect in the Masamune but after trying the Tiger I ordered a hundred and will never put a Feather in my Masamune again!

Vacumatic

Testy
The blade that surprised me most was the Tiger Platinum. I was sent a free pack of these blades to try and actually had no intention of using them until I was running low on Feathers for my Masamune and out of the blue popped one in. Prior to this I had found Feathers to be perfect in the Masamune but after trying the Tiger I ordered a hundred and will never put a Feather in my Masamune again!
I haven't used these blades yet, thanks for the tip. I understand that some care needs to be taken as there is more than one brand of Tiger blades, the ones to avoid have a picture of a tiger holding a razor blade.

pjgh

Forum GOD!
Yes, definitely don't buy the ones in the red pack with the tiger biting the blade. Some years ago, I tried one and it was horrible! That was the first time I'd ever had to swap a blade mid-shave and remained the only time until an aborted second run with a EuroMax last night. But, the Platinums do sound interesting.