What would you say is an affordable Titanium Shaving Brush?

R181

Grumpy old man
Some of us feel that stainless is too heavy.
Yes, I realize some put a premium on lightness. Each to their own as far as that goes. Like I said, for me weight is not an issue with any of the brushes I have or razors for that matter. While shaving I never felt I was in a weight lifting competition as in stressed by the amount of weight I had to briefly lift while lathering.

Bob

R181

Grumpy old man
Would make great looking door knobs/tap handles/radiator handles for the rich and famous, maybe a bigger potential market than shaving brushes :)
Come to think of it, it reminds me of a screwdriver handle design. I'll bet it is a pretty ergonomic shaving brush handle.

Bob

JonnyBGood

Forum GOD!
For me the reason for choosing titanium is to increase strength and/or reduce weight - neither of which I think are needed in a shaving brush at the titanium price point - I do have a brush which is too heavy but for me the answer is an alternative material other than titanium.

Those Outlaw handles were absolutely perfect as they were in Aluminium - there won’t be anywhere near as much margin in the titanium versions but the work and effort will be much higher too so from a manufacturers point of view why?

I would go as far as saying that the outlaw handle was Universally well received and should be brought to market!

I know everyone will have an opinion but that’s mine - ymmv

AlphaShaving

Alpha Shaving Works Owner
Vendor
I know it is not a selling thread - thanks to Mem though for mentioning it. The complete brush will come in at way below what you expect to pay for a titanium brush... I am sure Mem will let you know.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
It does look lovely, but like others I suspect it will be too rich for me, although the Outlaw GB was extremely well priced...

MPH

Forum GOD!
Ultimately, whatever the handle looks like or is made of, its the knot that will determine whether I like a brush and if it's a keeper.

A titanium brush with wonderful knot sounds great, but one with an "ok" knot would be a great disappointment.

What are people thoughts on the knots proposed to be used?

Last edited:

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Ultimately, whatever the handle looks like or is made of, its the knot that will determine whether I like a brush and if it's a keeper.

A titanium brush with wonderful knot sounds great, but one with an "ok" knot would be a great disappointment.

What are people thoughts on the knots proposed to be used?
From talking to Steve at great length this will likely be a 3 choice deal. Either:
1) 26mm SHD Fan Manchurian
2) 26mm Synthetic yet to be chosen or
3) handle on its own

This should give everyone a choice they can be very happy with.

montieg

Veteran
I have a Ti made by C&R that I got a 26 mm knot in it and even with a Declaration knot it was around $350. I think the knot was around $180. So the handle itself was very reasonable.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I have a Ti made by C&R that I got a 26 mm knot in it and even with a Declaration knot it was around $350. I think the knot was around $180. So the handle itself was very reasonable.
I thought DG knots were about $140? Either way you seem to have paid about $170 for the handle alone. Things might just get very interesting. :cool:

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
I thought DG knots were about $140? Either way you seem to have paid about $170 for the handle alone. Things might just get very interesting. :cool:
I can hardly wait for you to tell us this knockout price Mem, when do you think this will be, I don't do any of the social media platforms so I will be counting on you to keep me informed :) P. Thanks.

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
From talking to Steve at great length this will likely be a 3 choice deal. Either:
3) handle on its own

26mm SHD Fan Manchurian for me I think! P.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I can hardly wait for you to tell us this knockout price Mem, when do you think this will be, I don't do any of the social media platforms so I will be counting on you to keep me informed :) P. Thanks.
I'll Defo keep the thread updated as soon as I have something more to go on.

MPH

Forum GOD!
3) handle on its own

Sorry, being thick.... What brand is a "SHD" knot?