What watch are you wearing today (WRUW)

captain_hx

Thalassophile
This was my first attempt in modding a watch. Parts where sourced from yobokies, dagaz and bradystraps. It now has a new owner as I "needed" funds to buy a straight razor :)

R181

Grumpy old man
I like watches that are easy to read and a bit retro. The only watch I wear is a Bulova Accutron styled after a WWII issue watch. Works just fine, the only downside is the small size of the battery. Got lazy and the photo is from the net. Replaced the original band with a brown leather one.

Bob

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Crikey! I'm glad I don't have a Tag so I can do mine myself.
I have back removing tools and a back replacing press, only cheap ones from China but they work. I replace any batteries myself and always buy quality replacements, not the cheap Poundland ones. I think it was only something like £15 for the tools, so I’ve saved a lot already. Only thing I’d say is proceed with caution making sure you don’t disturb anything other than the battery. Biggest bugger to replace was in the Mondaine, the back on that was very hard to get back on.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
£6 isn't bad at all. My current in-use quartz watch has a screw-down back, I'm just going to buy the tools and DIY when that needs done, I'm not bothered about pressure testing as I don't actually dive with it and as long as the o-ring is healthy and greased it should maintain its water-resistance. I've always bought Renata batteries and had good results with them.

BTW, can anyone recommend somewhere for servicing and regulating an auto? Movement is a Miyota 9015.

JayGee

Forum GOD!
£6 isn't bad at all. My current in-use quartz watch has a screw-down back, I'm just going to buy the tools and DIY when that needs done, I'm not bothered about pressure testing as I don't actually dive with it and as long as the o-ring is healthy and greased it should maintain its water-resistance. I've always bought Renata batteries and had good results with them.

BTW, can anyone recommend somewhere for servicing and regulating an auto? Movement is a Miyota 9015.
Ryte time
http://www.rytetimewatchrepairs.co.uk

Very matter of fact gentleman, great work & a forum favourite on TZ-UK

Last edited:

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I love the Sinn U1, maybe one day. :) It is amazing to me to see a watch stripped down and rebuilt.