What motorcycle do you or would you have?

godek

I have an Aprilia SL 1000 Falco. Probably the best sports tourer ever made (and before the term was coined). also a Skyteam Dax 125 for commuting around town. My girl has a 2nd gen SV 650.

I'd really like to add a vitpilen 701 to the stable but I do not ride enough that the expense would be justified. If it's raining when i want to leave the house nowadays I'll just take a car. Not getting younger...

br
godek

pimple8

Forum GOD!
My father is a president of a local MC so I have been around bikes since forever. Yet I never had a real one.
I've been riding scooters for 17 years now, when I was younger I was into tunning but later acquired a 200cm Aprilia Sportcity and it hang around for 10 years. I think of getting rid of it, I don't use it that much since the baby came and all...

Anyway, would like to own some real bike one day, something like those vintage Hondas CBs, Triumph Boneville or BMW R Nine....

Xring3

Forum GOD!
87368C8D-3DD7-44C9-8993-560947DA7557.jpeg

this is the model of motorcycle I currently have. 2005 Honda Rebel 250 cc. I’m seriously considering putting it up for auction in the spring as I don’t ride it much anymore.

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
I'd like to get my hands on the new Ducati Desert Sled...... my kinda bike. Dual sport, 800+cc, comfy ride position.....
1581092994898.png

Zwilling

Kamisori shaver

On nice sunny days I miss my Kawasaki W800, which I sold two years ago. The aggro of London traffic and the constant worry of theft or damage finally made me decide that it wasn't worth the bother. If I lived somewhere more rural, with a shed or a garage, and nice roads on my doorstep, I would love to have a nice bike again. Still have my helmet and leathers in the loft - I haven't given up yet. But riding a bike in the city does take the fun out of it for me.

godek

Falco and my T5 transporter passed TÜV this week, so street legal for another 2 years.
My girlfriends Sv 650 S failed the test. Complaints were light adjustment and number plate. both unchanged for the 10 years we own the bike.

br
godek

Vacumatic

Testy

On nice sunny days I miss my Kawasaki W800, which I sold two years ago. The aggro of London traffic and the constant worry of theft or damage finally made me decide that it wasn't worth the bother. If I lived somewhere more rural, with a shed or a garage, and nice roads on my doorstep, I would love to have a nice bike again. Still have my helmet and leathers in the loft - I haven't given up yet. But riding a bike in the city does take the fun out of it for me.
My local dealer did a scrambler special on the W800, I prefer road bikes myself but an interesting special nonetheless.

exhausts_450.JPG

Last edited:
Current ride is a 2000 Dyna Wide Glide. Got it in 2018 from the original owner. It was spotless with less than 5k on the clock. Still have some earlier rides too. Can’t bring myself to let them go and the used bike market is really soft. Been driving the roads for nearly 40 years, and the traffic now is much more reckless, distracted, and thick. I stick to rural roads mostly and ride much less than I used to.

P.S., In the background, that’s the Missus’ 2012 VW GTI, and she rides too. Plus she’s brilliant and beautiful! I’m a lucky guy!

A59FECED-0137-40A7-9D5F-B3C96696F32A.jpeg

Last edited:

SammieM

Forum GOD!
I had a total of three bikes.
The first one I had in my teenage years was an MZ 125cc. It was a good bike. Not fast enough to get in trouble, but a pleasure.
The next one was a 2001 Suzuki GSXR 1000. This thing was a rocket. I managed to hit the speed limit on it with 180mph. I truly enjoyed that bike.
The last one was a Honda Magna 750 in black and red. Unfortunately the wife dropped it and it never ran the same after. I ended up selling it...
I would love to get a new one, but weather is a bit wet and cold in Ireland and don’t wanna chance it anymore...

Vacumatic

Testy
First bike was a Bultaco Sherpa 250 Trials bike, this was before I could ride on the road. Next was a 250 Yamaha, did 15000 miles a year on that bike, After that a Honda CB 500, probably best bike I ever owned. Then came a spell of having a fleet of bikes. A Kawasaki 750 two stroke, very fast but heavy on fuel and spark plugs, also had a 650 BSA and sidecar which was loads of fun. Then a Sunbeam S8 which was hard work because it leaked a lot of oil and was unreliable, must admit it was a very clever design, twin cylinder in line and shaft driven. Finally a Honda CB650 which was bulletproof but not much soul.

I was lucky enough to be loaned a couple of bikes for club production racing by Allan Jefferies in Saltaire, first was a Ducati 750 and the second was a R75 BMW. This was not as glamourous as it sounds, they were just demonstror bikes that I loaded in the back of a van on saturday afternoon to go to Cadwell or Elvington for Sunday, back in the shop for Monday morning, if I dropped 'em then I fixed 'em so if race day was wet they stayed in the van.

Last edited: