What made your day a crap one?

Grarea

Forum Plod
Ouch + 1
so, what did you do?

The other day, I used an old SE blade to trim a bit of plastic off something, I pressed down on it and it was so sharp I didn't notice it was the wrong way up and going into my finger.
It went in a good 3-4 mm. But it hardly bled. Nice clean cut.

I REALLY noticed it when I had to clean up vinegar when I broke a bottle of that.

That was my clumsy day.

Ouch + 1
so, what did you do?

The other day, I used an old SE blade to trim a bit of plastic off something, I pressed down on it and it was so sharp I didn't notice it was the wrong way up and going into my finger.
It went in a good 3-4 mm. But it hardly bled. Nice clean cut.

I REALLY noticed it when I had to clean up vinegar when I broke a bottle of that.

That was my clumsy day.
Ouch, vinegar is a beast on cuts.

I'm doing my best (by hand) to restore the razor & got a bit carried away & decided to rub the nose of the SR with my finger.

wooky114

Legend In His Own Lunchtime
Ouch, blown a fair of the shaving budget on a newly new car as the current car is off the big scrapyard in the sky due it being uneconomical to repair in order to get it thru the MOT due next week... When the repair costs are 3 - 4 x the value of the car you've got to say enough is enough...

Bizzyberry

Forum GOD!
Decided to shift the snow from my drive and the car, all went well until I opened the car to get the ice scraper to finish getting the ice out from around the wipers. All I did was open the car grab the scraper and shut the door again, only it was followed by a what sounded like something falling out the back of the car. It was the rear window! It just shattered. With all this bad weather and a backlog of work Autoglass can only get to me on Wednesday next week. In the grand scheme of things many worse things can happen, but it is still annoying.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Decided to shift the snow from my drive and the car, all went well until I opened the car to get the ice scraper to finish getting the ice out from around the wipers. All I did was open the car grab the scraper and shut the door again, only it was followed by a what sounded like something falling out the back of the car. It was the rear window! It just shattered. With all this bad weather and a backlog of work Autoglass can only get to me on Wednesday next week. In the grand scheme of things many worse things can happen, but it is still annoying.
Oh crap. Must have had a crack going, otherwise that shouldn’t happen?

LeeBot

Forum GOD!
Reported a loosely fitted radiator in a bedroom to the letting agent a few months back and a few more times since then. No action taken and today we woke up there was no pressure in the boiler system, water dripping through a pretty lengthy crack in the living room ceiling and the radiator lay flat on the bedroom floor!

Nothing electrical or of value under the drip so it could be worse for us. It's gonna cost them a pretty penny to make up for a bodged fitting and ignoring a small repair though:laugh:

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
eBay!
I tried to buy some cake forks for SWMBO. Yes, harmless little cake forks.
They are classified as dangerous knives. WTF? :eek:
I need to prove that I'm over 18.
I can only do that by credit card, not my debit card.
I don't have a credit card.
I have been a member of eBay since 1999, just over 18 years.
I managed to buy straight razors via eBay before.
Aaaaaaaarggghhhhh.
Pillocks!!!

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
The Times!
They are evil.
I took out an eight-week trial subscription for £8 - it will end soon.
The only way to cancel it is to call them. You can't cancel online.
Somewhere in their small print, it says that they need 15 days notice. Why?
So, they will cancel my subscription, but charge me another £26 - yes twenty-six of my hard earned pounds.
I could get a nice razor for that.
Do not take out a Times or Sunday Times online subscription - it's a money making scam.
Bastards!