What are YOUR favorite blades?

rum

Forum GOD!
Astra SS. Feathers are nice but not THAT big a difference to justify cost to me.
It could well be the razor they are used in. I’ve Astra and a few others in my slant and they weren’t great. Think they were marginally better in a Progress but it could just have been my imagination.

jmudrick

Forum GOD!
^Personally I think there's a lot of just my imagination at work in people looking for differences in very similar blades.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: rum

Matt0210

It could well be the razor they are used in. I’ve Astra and a few others in my slant and they weren’t great. Think they were marginally better in a Progress but it could just have been my imagination.
Astra are my everyday blades. I use both the SS and the SP and they're both excellent. I agree that the razor makes a difference though. I've used them in my 34C and my R41 and they're incredible in the R41. The 34C they're still good but it's a milder razor too, but that's apples and oranges

pimple8

Forum GOD!
So far Astra SP and PSSI, but i just got a Personna Blue for testing, did 2 brilliant shaves with it. We'll see if it can go in the top 3...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

RetLEO-07

Veteran
Baseline blade: Gillette Silver Blue
The Rest: Voskhod, Shark Super Chrome
Honorable Mentions: Sputnik, PolSilver Super Iridium, Rapira

Belfont

Forum GOD!
Right now, I like Kai blades.
For their softness
for their durability (between 15 and 20 shaves)
One thing I don't like with DE blades is having to change them every 3 or 4 days.

Last edited:

SeanC

Forum GOD!
The Winner
Perma-sharp Super

On The Podium

NOS English Wilkinson
7 O'clock Yellow
Gillette Goal

Made It To The Finish

PSI
Raprira SSS
NOS Scottish Personna
Nacet
Gillette Stainless
Lab blues
Sputnik
Treet Dura-Sharp

JayGee

Forum GOD!
The Winner
Perma-sharp Super

On The Podium

NOS English Wilkinson
7 O'clock Yellow
Gillette Goal

Made It To The Finish

PSI
Raprira SSS
NOS Scottish Personna
Nacet
Gillette Stainless
Lab blues
Sputnik
Treet Dura-Sharp
I would substitute 7o'clock yellow for Astra SP (old stock), otherwise, we must be skin twins!