What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

churchilllafemme

Forum GOD!
A while ago I made the mistake of essentially giving away several vintage wooden shaving soap bowls, thinking I wouldn't need them. Since then, of course, I've found that I do indeed need some bowls for all the soaps I've been buying. So I bought a couple.

Darkbulb

Member #10
That's my birth year.

What does something like that cost?
Depends on the carver, design and coin. The 'better' the caver the more expensive.
The guy I bought mine from is, I think, really good, and have a site over here

I read this story on IG about this guy that had a small heart-attack...but luckily came out of it fine.
He carries a coin similar to the one below with his birth year on it to remind him to make good choices and that life is something to value;

That same coin can be carved in so many ways...here's another by a great artist on etsy and his take on it;

Subtle differences but it's all about finding one that resonates with you.
There are TONS on eBay as well - just search for "Hobo coin" or "Hobo nickel" :)

Darkbulb

Member #10
That plus you've enabled me
There's a pretty cool big British penny on the bay right now. Don't know who the artist is.
Sitting at $19. Both sides engraved.
You see these come up quite often.
"Hobo nickel coin Big Penny skull zombie skeleton hand carved 1917"

I do like the idea of getting one where the year of the coin has some 'meaning' though...hmm...might have to do that... So you've technically enabled me ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.