What are threads.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
As a new subscriber I seem to see lots of 'What are your best ??' threads. They are extremely boring and do nothing to promote the site. If you feel the need to start a post that begins with a question mark, then please desist and reconsider.

It's much better to start a thread on a positive note - such as 'I have sixteen aluminium shaving brushes - can you beat that?'

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
As long as I don't have to navigate through multi-bumped Welcome threads, 'Raffles', Group Buys and Pass Arounds, I don't tend to mind. It's interesting to see how tastes change over time and the 'Top 3/5' threads are once-every-six-month jobs that show where the hype is at that point in time.

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
I don't mind them at all. It can be quite interesting to see what kit folk prefer and the reasons behind each individual's choices. It's also fun to see how said choices change over time.

@UKRob bugger me, do you really? :D:p:

UKRob

Forum GOD!
I don't mind them at all. It can be quite interesting to see what kit folk prefer and the reasons behind each individual's choices. It's also fun to see how said choices change over time.

@UKRob bugger me, do you really? :D:p:
My tongue was firmly in cheek - as usual.

Redd

A Right Member
'Top 3/5' threads are once-every-six-month jobs that show where the hype is at that point in time.
I find some of these threads quite interesting, in that if someone put up their say top 3 and you own two of them, but have never tried the third, it can give you ideas what to try next.

Merkurologist

Forum GOD!
I guess we all have threads that we don't like.
I tend to ignore threads that don't interest me and I use the thread tools (top of a thread) to ignore the thread then it will not appear on any search.