Weight loss time

Wayne

Forum Sod
I have always been up and down like a whores knickers when it comes to weight, it can vary wildly at any time of the year by a lot of Stones. I know I have ballooned recently and am struggling now as time is no longer on my side, I'm too old to be carrying weight now.
Losing it isn't hard, keeping it off is. I need to lose it and change my whole eating style. I have been looking into various ways to keep it off after the loss and think I have settled on a One meal a day, intermittent fasting lifestyle combined with a low carb meal. I need to try to balance a lifestyle with being able to go out on a weekend, when we can, enjoy a few pints and have something to live for.
I have done dry January and feel better for it so going forward the Wife and I have banned alcohol consumption in the house, providing when we can we make the effort to get out every weekend, we need something to live for after a weeks work, don't we all?
So, I have ample supplies of diet shakes and renewed will power after weighing in at 19-3 this morning. I will be having 3 x 200 calorie diet shakes and 8 pints of water plus unlimited Black Coffee and Tea per day and that is all.
Please don't read this and reply, "That is no good for you, you need to eat a calorie controlled diet with lettuce leaves and lose it at 1lb per week, honestly I have heard all that before. I can lose weight rapidly and safely this way, which is what my body needs right now, there will be plenty of time for healthy beans, pulses, fish and the like after the weight loss. That is when I'll need all your help to change my diet for good with suggestions for healthy meals.
So I'll post my losses here weekly, hopefully as it is for my health and not just vanity of fitting into skinny jeans again I'll have some success this time.
Mon Feb 1..... 19.3

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Good luck Wayne. Have you looked at Huel? It claims to contain everything the body needs and was developed by an NHS-qualified dietician. I use it as convenience food.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Good going, Wayne. Best of luck!

Finding myself not exactly ballooning, but with a 1) slight and increasing belt around the waist so to speak, 2) frequently getting infections which both always hit me rather than my sig other and which always hit me harder than they do the kids (who are the ones to bring it into the household in the first place), and 3) not having gotten any exercise in for probably the last year. So: Off sugar and alcohol for this month, more greens, less bad fat and empty cals, and intend to get the chest pump working some way or another at least every other day. Aim being to increase wellbeing and health rather than losing weight, but should get me back to match weight.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Good luck Wayne. Have you looked at Huel? It claims to contain everything the body needs and was developed by an NHS-qualified dietician. I use it as convenience food.
No Chris,
I use Exante Diet shakes. Very similar, pumped full of vitimins and the things to just about keep you alive while scientifically keeping your bodies calorie intake at the perfect level to force it to use it's stores of fat as an energy source by putting you into Ketosis and keeping you there as long as you stick to it. After the first week all hunger pangs disappear and you are free to just get on with it. It's perfect for me as I thrive on routine so by setting up a three shake day I quickly fall into it and just get on with it.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Good going, Wayne. Best of luck!

Finding myself not exactly ballooning, but with a 1) slight and increasing belt around the waist so to speak, 2) frequently getting infections which both always hit me rather than my sig other and which always hit me harder than they do the kids (who are the ones to bring it into the household in the first place), and 3) not having gotten any exercise in for probably the last year. So: Off sugar and alcohol for this month, more greens, less bad fat and empty cals, and intend to get the chest pump working some way or another at least every other day. Aim being to increase wellbeing and health rather than losing weight, but should get me back to match weight.
Great Halvor, keep it up mate, you'll get there.

Driftwood

Forum GOD!
Well done Wayne, I hope it goes well and you find the perfect balance that works for you. It all sounds easy, regular exercise, a healthy diet, drink plenty of water. While still retaining a hold of normality and living like a monk.
I am going to try and do the same, cut but back on the food, eat healthier. I'm intending to start yoga, get out on the bike for regular exercise

Wayne

Forum Sod
Well done Wayne, I hope it goes well and you find the perfect balance that works for you. It all sounds easy, regular exercise, a healthy diet, drink plenty of water. While still retaining a hold of normality and living like a monk.
I am going to try and do the same, cut but back on the food, eat healthier. I'm intending to start yoga, get out on the bike for regular exercise
Well done, good luck. Yeah, it's the not living like a Monk that causes the problems in my life, being an obsessive character, I'm either all in or all out and that goes just as much for eating and drinking or not. When I'm in binging mode I can really rack up all the crap that does me harm, I'm not an "It's my glands" or an "It's my genetics" person. I know why I'm fat, I eat like a bloody Pig. I do excersise through work, I have an active job but it cannot counteract the amount of calories I'm shoving in daily. Thankfully I had a damn good word with myself last night and today I've started. Getting it off as said is the easy part.

slapo

It's... alive!
I found that the key thing with maintaining a sustainable, sensible diet of any sort is getting the right amount and quality of sleep.
This might seem trivial, but it has a very significant impact on energy levels, thus also cravings - if not right away, then after a while.
Maintaining any sort of a calorie-restricted or ingestion-restricted regime becomes increasingly difficult and if sleep deprivation continues, those regimes become rather unimportant to the body and it'll try to get energy where it can.
I know, because I've been there more than once (with little I could do about it for a while) and am still recovering, trying to get a normal sleep pattern again.

Driftwood

Forum GOD!
Well done, good luck. Yeah, it's the not living like a Monk that causes the problems in my life, being an obsessive character, I'm either all in or all out and that goes just as much for eating and drinking or not. When I'm in binging mode I can really rack up all the crap that does me harm, I'm not an "It's my glands" or an "It's my genetics" person. I know why I'm fat, I eat like a bloody Pig. I do excersise through work, I have an active job but it cannot counteract the amount of calories I'm shoving in daily. Thankfully I had a damn good word with myself last night and today I've started. Getting it off as said is the easy part.
I totally get it. Personally for me the most difficult part is sustaining the the balance of exercise, healthy eating and keeping it all in moderation. The lockdown has not been helpful and neither is our crap climate.

Steve

Boomer Member
I lost 4 stone while on One Meal a Day. I still only eat a good breakfast, and call it good. It takes a few days to get over the habit of eating at lunch, and dinner time, but you really don't need the calories at our age. If you feel light-headed, or think your blood sugar is too low, have a biscuit. You'll have to forego alcohol, and I know how hard that is for a Brit. Be aware that when your body finds a weight it likes, there's precious little you an do to alter it.