WC The standard so far

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Wayne, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

Is it just me or is anyone else really disappointed with the standard of football on offer at this World Cup? I have just watched Spain beat Iran 1-0, Spain had 77% of the possession and didn't score a descisive goal, it was basically an own goal from Iran, who's goal was disallowed. 77% of possession means a lot of tappy tappy to me. I have seen one decent game, Spain Vs Portugal and Spain had to perform there. Spain and the other top European teams should be putting these teams well and truly to bed. England were bloody lucky the other night..Sorry but they were, the second half was dire. I hope the football standard improves in the knockout stage so far it's awful!!

2. N_Architect

N_Architect Forum GOD!

Morocco was very competitive vs Portugal earlier today. Iran just showed they pushed Spain quite a bit in the 2nd half. Nothing extraordinary of course but if we put our feet in the Portuguese and Spanish players shoes then we can see it is not easy at all to get through.

My take is that the championship is going very well. Interesting football, not many boring games, fair number of goals scored. Some teams are giving us a cold and disappointing surprise so far (e.g. Germany) while others are gaining momentum (Russia). Next round(s), q'finals etc., will be even more competitive.

Still too early to tell which teams will be favourites, England is doing OK so far and we do need to give them time I think, it's a young and very hopeful team.

Wayne likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice