Watch Strap ideas

Discussion in 'Recreation, Hobbies & Interests' started by Rowlers, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Right folks, I have a Garmin Fenix 3 that takes a 26mm strap.
    I have been using the cheap Silicone Quick release straps from China etc.. and at approx £5 ea, thaty are great but the only aslt about 2/3 months before they go "sticky" on the inside and it pulls hairs on my arm and sot of sticks... So I like this one:
    https://www.sectime.co.uk/waterproo...hide-lining-black-26mm-p-4644.html?cPath=2348

But I also like the deployment clasp on this one:
    https://www.sectime.co.uk/genuine-l...-blue-white-26mm-p-2818.html?cPath=311_2420_5
    The problem being leather is no good for running and gym use - it will stink in no time!

Any one got any ideas? Tips?

2. jeepie

jeepie Guru

26mm is massive. Definitely 26?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jeepie

jeepie Guru

4. N_Architect

N_Architect Forum GOD!

The strap you showed looks OK, of course we always get what we pay for. On the other hand of course I don;t know your budget, and I suppose it's around £20 or thereabouts at most, right? From a quick search I did, the lug width indeed appears to be 26mm in this model.

Your best bet is a silicone (rubber) strap, something like a divers style strap. This way you'll be able to wear it in all situations, dry/wet/gym/travel/camping. Crown & Buckle do some nice mainstream straps, not sure if they do silicone and such large size as well.

Deployant clasps are a different story, they are nice, work well, but of course you also need the fitted strap to be something you are happy with. A leather strap will restrict you a bit.

I know an online German supplier of very competitively priced straps, just a matter of finding it. Please bear with me.

Rowlers likes this.
  5. Rowlers

Deffo 26mm!

6. jeepie

jeepie Guru

I really struggled to find 26mm in rubber. Not sure if wjean does that size... Will check whilst you’re checking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. N_Architect

N_Architect Forum GOD!

8. jeepie

jeepie Guru

N_Architect and Rowlers like this.
  9. Rowlers

N_Architect likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice